E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CBS Oil Service Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and recently - just before Christmas - bought a 2006 530i. The car had ~35000 miles on it but was nearing the end of it's Warranty period. So, I made sure to take it in to the dealer before that lapsed completely. Anyway, they did the standard stuff: scope, microfilters, brake fluid, air filter, and an oil change.

I have only driven the car about 3K miles since this service was performed. Much to my consternation, the CBS for the oil change is already within 800 miles of being set. I 'believe' they reset the indicator at the time of service - but ultimately have no way of knowing for sure. I have tried manually resetting the indicator via the method described on this board. But it never really changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 525i. Bluetooth upgrade, SS brake lines, iPod interface upgrade. Air intake kit, sport suspension, 20% tint. Other: 2001 Audi A4 Avant: S4 suspension, 20% tint, painted calipers, slotted rotors, iPod interface, custom grilles.
Arrow

I have only driven the car about 3K miles since this service was performed. Much to my consternation, the CBS for the oil change is already within 800 miles of being set. I 'believe' they reset the indicator at the time of service - but ultimately have no way of knowing for sure. I have tried manually resetting the indicator via the method described on this board. But it never really changes.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum. How exactly did you reset the oil service light? Did you try resetting anything else to make sure you're doing it right - like emissions or something? Since it's only been a few thousand miles, I would go back to the dealership, and tell them it wasn't reset and have them reset again. Have them confirm by showing you that it's been reset and see what happens.

In all reality, you should change your oil/filter within 5K anyway, so it might work out for the better in this case. I would just make sure you are correctly resetting the iDrive Service.

Good luck!