E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catalano v. BMW of North America, LLC

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 03:31 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535 Wagon

Originally Posted by JayArras
Try another dealer.
That was as helpful as a set of tits on a bowl. Using the dealer close to where I live makes it more convenient.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by JayArras
Try another dealer.
Originally Posted by wagonglitches
That was as helpful as a set of tits on a bowl. Using the dealer close to where I live makes it more convenient.
Hey, who's signing the check? That's why there's a thing called competition. If a merchant is not serving you well, move on.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Using the dealer close to where I live makes it more convenient.
doesn't seem very convenient if you have to keep calling and they still don't know what is going on....
Old 02-08-2018, 05:14 AM
New Members

My Ride: e61 535xi 6MT

Is this still valid to get an inspection? The wording on the site was a little unclear about the timing. My car is an 11/07 build 2008 E61 if it matters.

Has anyone had luck bringing a care to a dealership for the inspection and relocation? I have called my local dealership in Mass (herb Chambers in sudbury) a few times now and they have no idea what I am talking about. I provided the service letter. Each time i am told they are going to research it and call me back but never hear back.

They are getting paid for the work so I am not sure why they are ducking the issue
Did you ever find anyone in the Boston area? I'm in the same boat. Sudbury is the dealer I usually go to, but they've also given me run around on some other things. I'm tempted to make an appointment with a loaner request, take the car in with the letter, and let them sort it out.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:03 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by drawz
Is this still valid to get an inspection? The wording on the site was a little unclear about the timing. My car is an 11/07 build 2008 E61 if it matters.

Did you ever find anyone in the Boston area? I'm in the same boat. Sudbury is the dealer I usually go to, but they've also given me run around on some other things. I'm tempted to make an appointment with a loaner request, take the car in with the letter, and let them sort it out.
i'm guessing no dealer is going to touch it until there is an authorized repair procedure and technical bulletin from BMW instructing their technicians exactly what to do, what components to relocate, how many hours can be billed, etc.

I filed a claim last May when this all started for mine for work that had been done a few years ago. I've called the claim office monthly for updates and still have not received a check even though the settlement has been authorized. seems that BMW is really dragging their heels on this whole thing....
Old 02-08-2018, 06:20 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by BostonJon
i'm guessing no dealer is going to touch it until there is an authorized repair procedure and technical bulletin from BMW instructing their technicians exactly what to do, what components to relocate, how many hours can be billed, etc.

I filed a claim last May when this all started for mine for work that had been done a few years ago. I've called the claim office monthly for updates and still have not received a check even though the settlement has been authorized. seems that BMW is really dragging their heels on this whole thing....
Maybe the way to go is to start with BMW NA? And have them instruct the dealer on how to approach this?
Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: e61 / KW V3 / JB4 / M5 Rear Sway / FDL Coded / SAT Retrofit w GKE flash / ER FMIC / BMS DCI
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by drawz
Maybe the way to go is to start with BMW NA? And have them instruct the dealer on how to approach this?
I just walked into my local dealer (Perillo, Chicago) and mentioned this back in December. They knew exactly what to do and took care of it during some other service. If you’re still having trouble, I can dig out my paperwork and send more details of how they coded the repair.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:06 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket
I just walked into my local dealer (Perillo, Chicago) and mentioned this back in December. They knew exactly what to do and took care of it during some other service. If you’re still having trouble, I can dig out my paperwork and send more details of how they coded the repair.
That would be great. Hopefully it mentions a specific service bulletin since that's what they seem to focus on.