E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Casualty of Sandy

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |
Unhappy Casualty of Sandy

Hey guys,

Just wanted to hope everyone is safe in the aftermath of this epic storm. If anyone still needs help cleaning up or cleaning their car let me know. I'd be more than happy to lend you a hand.

As for me everything except my actual house was destoryed. The backyard, bulkhead, dock, deck all gone. Really what upset me was I lost my baby e60 (ironically it was exactly one year from when I bought it).

I had to make a choice between going to go save my parents using a borrowed truck (which had a lot more clearance) and driving my e60 to higher ground. I some what blame the stubborn-ness of my parents because insisted on staying home during the hurricane which they called me when the storm was approaching the peak of its strength and tide.

I evacuated my house and moved my car to a place that I could monitor the water level. Since I left there was no one there to move it out of harms way.

I know insurance will be covering the loss but I hate looking for a new (a used) car again. Finding a great car with awesome options, with xdrive, and standard transmission feels like a mountain to climb.

I don't really care about the backyard and other stuff because I can rebuild it to be badder and cooler but searching for another e60 I don't think I can do. It took me about 6 months of emailing, going to dealers, and searching to find my baby. Honestly, I am really hung up on this whole situation.

Everyone I talk to at home tells me to stop whining, it's just a car. I just don't think they get it. (I think my little pup gets it, he runs out towards the car, looks for it and then looks at me like "wtf owner>?, isn't there supposed to be a car for me to jump in?")

Anyone have any advice?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRab
Hey guys,

Just wanted to hope everyone is safe in the aftermath of this epic storm. If anyone still needs help cleaning up or cleaning their car let me know. I'd be more than happy to lend you a hand.

As for me everything except my actual house was destoryed. The backyard, bulkhead, dock, deck all gone. Really what upset me was I lost my baby e60 (ironically it was exactly one year from when I bought it).

I had to make a choice between going to go save my parents using a borrowed truck (which had a lot more clearance) and driving my e60 to higher ground. I some what blame the stubborn-ness of my parents because insisted on staying home during the hurricane which they called me when the storm was approaching the peak of its strength and tide.

I evacuated my house and moved my car to a place that I could monitor the water level. Since I left there was no one there to move it out of harms way.

I know insurance will be covering the loss but I hate looking for a new (a used) car again. Finding a great car with awesome options, with xdrive, and standard transmission feels like a mountain to climb.

I don't really care about the backyard and other stuff because I can rebuild it to be badder and cooler but searching for another e60 I don't think I can do. It took me about 6 months of emailing, going to dealers, and searching to find my baby. Honestly, I am really hung up on this whole situation.

Everyone I talk to at home tells me to stop whining, it's just a car. I just don't think they get it. (I think my little pup gets it, he runs out towards the car, looks for it and then looks at me like "wtf owner>?, isn't there supposed to be a car for me to jump in?")

Anyone have any advice?
Sorry to hear you lost the car but at least you got your life and family! If you started modding the car, now you can go a different route, think of it has a new canvase!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Members

Sorry to hear that. I had a feeling it was going to be bad I end up listening to my pop and put the car on four ramps.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Sorry for your lost. It is hard to find a used BMW with the options and color you want. Most people do give you the "its just a car" line because they dont understand the amount of research you have to do to get the one you want and then lose it. Took me a long time to find my car and i had to have it shipped from the west coast. Good luck finding your next car and keep us informed on your new one.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Sorry to hear it.

I can understand you very well, but like said above, you should take this as a new start to another direction with modding for example. It has happened, you can't help it, so try to find the positive things out of it and head forward .

- Antti -
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear. but good to hear your house and family are safe. good luck with the new search.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

Sorry to hear that bro, but at least it's only your car and not a family member, I know we love our cars like a family member but on this one the money (insurance) can fix the problem, the way don't be easy to find a new one, good luck and let us know if you find something good!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

Very sad story. I hate to hear about so many people with so much loss.
I hope everything works out for you Bro.
Just be thankful you have your health, family and that cute little pup!!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

in the 2 years I was looking hardcore, I only found 3 with my options. A lot of people will say it's only a car, but they just don't get it - a lot of people don't.

At least you're alright though.

Where is the car now? Did it float away or something?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Sorry to hear. Glad you're ok.

Quick Reply: Casualty of Sandy