E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

carbon black vs alpine white

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after having my last 3 cars being black, i really think a light color like AW is much easier to take care of and with it being on an E60, you just can't argue that it is absolutely STUNNING!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530dA, Nav. Pro., Leather redorange, black sappire met., HUD, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Sunroof, AC, Bi-Xenon/Adaptive, 245 275 19" with Falken 452's, Alpina Rims, el. Seats, autom. Mirrors, BMW Cellphone, CD Changer, M Style, Interior wood border oliv (M5), LED tail lights...

Originally Posted by theXman' post='1008607' date='Sep 16 2009, 12:53 AM
Another black and white issue. Can we all get just along? How about gray?
...or to get away from it - ORANGE!

...my old 530 was black and beautiful, my new 530 is white and looks like an "Asian Princess" - so good luck with your decision
Old 09-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor' post='1008625' date='Sep 15 2009, 07:05 PM
* With white/lighter-colored E60s, particularly those with the M-sport package, the front grill looks a lot more prominent because it's a contrasting color (black). I think this contrast looks pretty good.
* What interior are you thinking about getting? I think that contrasting exterior/interior colors look interesting (though others may disagree on this point).
+1

get beige interior w/CB or black interior w/AW
Old 09-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='1012474' date='Sep 20 2009, 06:43 PM
+1

get beige interior w/CB or black interior w/AW
I have the natural brown leather interior with the Carbon Black and that color combo looks great together.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by javelin73' post='1011402' date='Sep 18 2009, 07:01 PM
...or to get away from it - ORANGE!

...my old 530 was black and beautiful, my new 530 is white and looks like an "Asian Princess" - so good luck with your decision
mmmm hey what about orange,nice suggestion i love oranges and love e60, why dont have em both?i think it would look very unique, like the lumma one
lol dont worry no harm done im just kidding, u didnt convinced me of killing a good and honest 5er

guys, ive being doing some thinking and i would like to share with u so comments are more than welcome
i went to the dealer and they did have a carbon black car but it was dirty so i couldnt really detail the color, i just saw too much going on for my taste, black, blue, dirt i didnt know what i was looking at, but the thing is the other day i was passing in front of a dealer when i saw a beautiful black e60 i just had to turn and keep staring, then i looked at the dealers lot and saw a white e60 with mtech i have to say the truth:i didnt like it as much as the black one .
so here is how it is:
loved black but i dont want any jet black nor sapphire black, ill try to go to the dealer and take a second look at cb, hopefully when its clear because i want a car that sometimes actually looks black even if it is under certain conditions, and when i mean black i mean black, the blue is cool but not to see it every time(altough being lighter than black it should give a few cool glimpses with m5 front bumper and vorsteiner lips).
the interior GOT to be beige, i love beige with piano black(this is a point to carbon black because cb with beige and piano black trim would look very individual) or light wood.
i already have a 2009 black expedition and ive planned to paint my z4 azurite black or jerez black after ive done all my mods and i dont know wether to have 3 black cars is a good or bad thing.
alpine white in the other hand is more of a beach color, which is good because the car will be at a very hot city full of beaches and b..ches in bikinis, so i think it would look cool with the m5 front that ive planned even tough i didnt like it with the m-tech bumper(i find it too narrow and strange looking,dont know just dont my cup of tea), the other thing is that i intend to change the front hood(vorsteiner) and front bumper and fenders and im sure that white is easiest to give a perfect match at the shop than carbon
i want to combine sport with elegance so please please HEEEELP, ive only seen 2 m5s in my life and the two of em were stock(that beast costs like 250000 grands in my country, dont even dare to ask how much they ask for a ferrari) so i dont have much experienced at how m5s looks in this colors and im sure photos dont make em justice

p.d: what were u saying about orange?
i think this orange monster may be after your asian princess after what u said
Attached Thumbnails carbon black vs alpine white-img_0086.jpg  
Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

overall, i think AW is a far better choice with coral red interior
Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525I CARBON BLACK WITH CREAM LEATHER AND SILVER INSERTS, FULL CUSTOM KEVLAR AND CARBON KIT, BUMPERS SKIRTS SPOILERS, CARBON VENTED BONET, CARBON MIRRORS, M5 WINGS, PURE HID FOGS, PURE WHITE EYES, XENON ADAPTIVES, CUSTOM GRILLS, 19" ONE OFF RIMS, APEXI SPRINGS -30MM, GROOVED DISKS AND EBC PADS, 40MM SPACERS ALL ROUND, CARBON DYNAMICS AIR INDUCTION KIT, CUSTOM MADE 80MM EXHAUST SYSTEM FROM CAT BACK WITH TWIN SQUARE EXITS, RDS CHIP TUNING, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, IPOD INTERFACE, AUX IN, MEDIA CENTER PC WITH ACTIVE INTERNET THROUGH 3G, MUTLIMEDIA INTERFACE, 2 ALPINE 7"TVS IN HEADRESTS, 2 1000WRMS ROCKFORD AMPS, 2 ALPINE XSERIES 12" SUBS SEALED ENCLOSURE, 2 JBL GT 12" SUBS PORTED ENCLOSURE, 2 FARAD CAPACITOR, KEF MIDS 8 AND 4S, COMING SOON PROFESIONAL NAVI.

defo cabon black is just plain sexy......mmmmmm......
Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Contributors

ALpine white looks amazing when fully modified.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nemex12' post='1008238' date='Sep 15 2009, 11:47 AM
as i said before in another post i am waiting for my 530i with m-tech kit, i am planning on buying m5 rims and m5 front fenders and bumper and vorsteriner front lip and hood but i am having a hard time trying to decide if i should go with carbon black(which ive never seen personaly) or alpine white(anyone i chose with beige interior). so i figured it would be a good idea to ask what do you guys think about these colors in a car with the parts already on(m5 front and wheels plus vorsteiner front lip and hood) thx

I love AW!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting' post='1016199' date='Sep 24 2009, 04:44 PM
overall, i think AW is a far better choice with coral red interior
Love this combo

Quick Reply: carbon black vs alpine white