E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car washing during this drought order

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

they don't need to increase water supplies, they just need to plug the holes in their piping system.

The amount of water they loose just by leaking out of the old shagged pipes is unbelievable.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

But then they would have to spend some ? instead of sending it overseas to their parent companies.

the Company hereby prohibits, with effect from Saturday 27th May 2006, the use within its area of supply, of any water supplied by the Company (whether by meter or not) for any of the following purposes:
It looks like you are OK to use Perrier after all.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

The use of washing with a bucket of water is still allowed in the south-east water districts affected by the current hose-pipe bans. The Environment Agency is trying to get a drought order brought in by the water companies but so far they are resisting, this would then prohibit washing by bucket. This order takes two months to process so if they leave it until June we would be in August before they inforce it.

Its not only the water companies at fault but the government, countless times they have refused further reserviours in the South East and the government continues to push councils to increase house building in the South of England compounding the problem.

My poor E60 has only had two hand washes in the last five weeks as its rained most weekends over the last month! Still were on a meter so at least if were using less the bill will be lower.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Originally Posted by Nova Invicta' post='287086' date='May 24 2006, 06:04 PM
The use of washing with a bucket of water is still allowed in the south-east water districts affected by the current hose-pipe bans. The Environment Agency is trying to get a drought order brought in by the water companies but so far they are resisting, this would then prohibit washing by bucket. This order takes two months to process so if they leave it until June we would be in August before they inforce it.
Sutton and East Surrey Water - drought order from May 27.

http://www.waterplc.com/WaterPlc/news/info-main.asp
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 525i SE Touring Automatic - Titanium Grey II, Auburn-Dakota Leather, 17" Light Alloy Wheels Star-Spoke Styling 138, Anthracite Headlining, Maple Wood, Electric Front Seats, Front Seat Heating, Automatic Air Conditioning Advanced, Navigation System Professional, Bluetooth phone prep, Professional radio, Hi-Fi Loudspeaker system, Park Distance Control, Rear Side Airbags, Side Blinds

Ironically this is a hot topic whilst outside its raining cats and dogs for days now.

If the wheather continues to be like that take your sponge and wash the car in the pouring rain

Free rinsing on top !

Old 05-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Mad isn't it.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' post='283017' date='May 16 2006, 07:57 AM
Seems that washing your car, even using a bucket, will be banned this summer. I don't use an auto carwash, due to risk of scratches. Who else is affected by this, and what do you plan to do?

The only solution I can think of is to drive up to London and find somewhere that does hand washing. And hope they're still in business.

Maybe we all need to find friends in areas that don't have drought orders

You can be sure that if I collect rainwater to wash the car, I'll be dobbed in by some neighbours.

It couldnt be as we are having so much rainfall in may
Old 05-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

here in cali we also do have a drought problem...one thing i know..in port hueneme california where i was born and raised...they have implemented a desalination process...sorry for spelling...but anyways they take ocean water and convert it to drinkable water..so i know my parents tell me that they just pay one flat rate for water...no mater how much they use....maybe you need that...not sure exactly if your close to the ocean..ericd
Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' post='283017' date='May 16 2006, 01:57 AM
Seems that washing your car, even using a bucket, will be banned this summer. I don't use an auto carwash, due to risk of scratches. Who else is affected by this, and what do you plan to do?

The only solution I can think of is to drive up to London and find somewhere that does hand washing. And hope they're still in business.

Maybe we all need to find friends in areas that don't have drought orders

You can be sure that if I collect rainwater to wash the car, I'll be dobbed in by some neighbours.
I don't wash my car for months at a time in Phoenix. It's silver gray, and that helps. But, still, I just dust it regularly: use quick detailer on whatever I see on the car, below the doors, and behind the rear wheels; and use quick detailer on the wheels regularly. No problemo. So, if your car is "right" colored, and you don't get any rain drops on any accumulated dust, then you'r good to go using my procedures. And, as someone suggested, I have washed many a car in the rain when the occassion/need/desire arose. So, bring on the rain even if it doesn't rid you of the car-wash ban.