E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car Pulling/Bad Tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Just had new tires put on. Pirelli P-Zero Nero M/S. Had a 4 wheel alignment today at BMW. The car is still pulling to one side. Called Tire Rack and they have shipped a new front tire out.

Has anyone had this problem before?

What causes this in the tire?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='196310' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:32 PM
Just had new tires put on. Pirelli P-Zero Nero M/S. Had a 4 wheel alignment today at BMW. The car is still pulling to one side. Called Tire Rack and they have shipped a new front tire out.

Has anyone had this problem before?

What causes this in the tire?
How did you decide the tire is bad? I had a rough-ride feeling at 75+ shortly after getting my PS2s, but it turned out that one of the rears had picked up a bolt, fortunately, in a repairable spot--right in the middle of the tread. Sometimes out-of-round tires do come from the factory.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

It is pulling hard to the right. After BMW aligned it the guy took it for a ride and noticed it was pulling LEFT. They switched the two front tires and then it pulled RIGHT instead. One of the service guys who apparently knows alot about tires said one is defective.

I called Tirerack and they said this has happened before to tires. The belts are not properly lined up during the manufacturing process.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='196443' date='Nov 11 2005, 02:57 AM
It is pulling hard to the right. After BMW aligned it the guy took it for a ride and noticed it was pulling LEFT. They switched the two front tires and then it pulled RIGHT instead. One of the service guys who apparently knows alot about tires said one is defective.

I called Tirerack and they said this has happened before to tires. The belts are not properly lined up during the manufacturing process.
This is one of the reasons I would never buy Pirellis.

It's a legend that their quality can vary a lot!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

I just took my car to the dealer for an alignment check because my car was pulling to the right about 90% of the time, some other times I think the roads here in florida compensate .. the guy aligned the car twice and said I have a radial pull and may need to replace the tire but he aligned in a way to negate the pull. Long story short, my tires ahve a few thousand mile on it and not going to get a new one. I drove the car yesterday for 60 miles roundtrip and the car pulled very slightyly sometimes almost not noticeble. So if you can get your mechanic to tweak the toe a bit, you may save yourself a new tire.. just my 2 cents
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='196443' date='Nov 10 2005, 07:57 PM

I see. That all sounds right to me. Good luck on the new one.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Luckily I don't have to pay for the new one. It is all covered. I didn't know that about Pirelli's quality. All I heard were great things about them.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330i Orient Blue exterior Beigh leather interior with Wood trim, Premium package, Steptronic auto, Xenon headlights.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='196683

This is one of the reasons I would never buy Pirellis.

It's a legend that their quality can vary a lot!
[/quote]

Doesn't it bother you that the car does pull even a little? Since it pulls a little do you need to hold your steering to on side a bit more? and does it look of center? Reason i ask is because my 330i has been having a lot of alignment issues and it only has 9900 miles on it with the OEM 205/50/17 tires. they did an alginemt twice and it still pulls to the right. they toke a brand new 330i coupe with the same wheels and tires as my car and switched them out to see if it was a tire issue. drove the car with the new tires and it still pulled. My tech guy after we drove the car opened my hood and looked at the top where struts are connected too with three bolts on the top, next to each bolt there is a small round opening that seems to have a piece of metal that supposed to be aligned with the open space and on right side it seems like they adjusted my caster and whatever it was and he believes that is the reason why my car is pulling to the right. sorry to vent but i been driving my car like this now for like 5000 miles and it bothers me that my car pulls to the right and my steering is off center when going straight. I have to take it back in Monday morning and there going to give me a new E90 325i loaner while they try to fix this alignment problem.