E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car Was Hit This Morning....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i - Stock...For Now 1989 Chevrolet Truck - Too Many Mods to List
Default Car Was Hit This Morning....

Woke up to a knock on the door and this nice surprise this morning. A 16 year old girl rear-ended my parked car on the street. I don't normally park my car on the street, but my wife had to move it to get to work. Was only on the street for about 45 minutes, but that was enough.
I'm not sure if she was texting and driving or just wasn't paying attention, but her car is toast. From what I can tell, mine is going to need a new bumper, exhaust, rim (she pushed the car into the curb) and possible trunk floor if the current one can't be fixed. There may be more structurally that I can't see, but I'm not sure just yet. She hit it square in the rear, which may be what saved some of the side panels and deck lid, since it distributed the impact across the entire bumper. It's hard tell in the pictures, but her airbags actually deployed.
Not an ideal situation or best way to meet my neighbors, but I'm glad that she was unharmed. The car can be fixed......

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-05-2015, 03:38 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535XI
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Big Tap
Woke up to a knock on the door and this nice surprise this morning. A 16 year old girl rear-ended my parked car on the street. I don't normally park my car on the street, but my wife had to move it to get to work. Was only on the street for about 45 minutes, but that was enough.
I'm not sure if she was texting and driving or just wasn't paying attention, but her car is toast. From what I can tell, mine is going to need a new bumper, exhaust, rim (she pushed the car into the curb) and possible trunk floor if the current one can't be fixed. There may be more structurally that I can't see, but I'm not sure just yet. She hit it square in the rear, which may be what saved some of the side panels and deck lid, since it distributed the impact across the entire bumper. It's hard tell in the pictures, but her airbags actually deployed.
Not an ideal situation or best way to meet my neighbors, but I'm glad that she was unharmed. The car can be fixed......

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
What do you have on that ASS... LOL
Old 11-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 298 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

I want to know too. LOL That was a lucky hit.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:17 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 2006 sedan auto

That's terrible news
I hope they can fix it if that is what you want

I've been off the site for a long time as I was hit by an old 82 year old grandpa while riding my motorbike

Put me in hospital for two months with a broken hip and knee

I'm glad you weren't hurt
Old 11-05-2015, 04:28 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i
Model Year: 2008

Damn that accord is messed up, E60 looks pretty good for how much damage was cause on the other car. Hopefully it will be better than new after repair, maybe you can get a M tech bumper out of it.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Looking on the bright side... at least you got a knock on the door and not having gone out to discover it on your own with the culprit nowhere to be found (i.e. hit and run).

Keep us posted on what her insurance does.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:05 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i - Stock...For Now 1989 Chevrolet Truck - Too Many Mods to List

I was shocked too that my car didn't have more damage, when I saw hers. According to the tow truck driver that came and got her car, he said that in his experience BMW's hold up pretty well in these circumstances. I"ll take that for what it's worth, I suppose.

I've been wanting an MTech bumper, so I'll likely just upgrade that and the exhaust now that I have the chance on the insurance dime. I may opt for a dual exhaust, but it all depends on what her insurance gives me and if I feel like going down that road.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I've been wanting an MTech bumper, so I'll likely just upgrade that and the exhaust now that I have the chance on the insurance dime. I may opt for a dual exhaust, but it all depends on what her insurance gives me and if I feel like going down that road.
Might as well.... to compensate for your "pain and suffering"...
Old 11-06-2015, 05:49 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 525i
Model Year: 2005

Glad to know everyone involved is safe.

Seems like the honda ended up diving under your car at the moment of impact accounting for the high amount of damage "above" bumper level for her car and under or at bumper level for your car to a much lesser extent?

Hope you can get it fixed without too much pain.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Woke up to a knock on the door and this nice surprise this morning. A 16 year old girl rear-ended my parked car
too bad she wasn't 18. giggity.

Quick Reply: Car Was Hit This Morning....