E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

car had software upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

picked up car today after having upgrade due to gearbox problems.After picking up car the first thing i checked were the eyebrow lights and they worked. Hip Hip i thought, but on the last ugrade i noticed that the car had lost all of the personal settings, this time the car was exactley the same as i left it.How do i find what version of software the car has, is this listed within the i-drive, or could a dealer tell me over the phone or by reading my key. I would like to find out before i go back to the dealer.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iiiii' post='372180' date='Dec 29 2006, 04:11 PM
picked up car today after having upgrade due to gearbox problems.After picking up car the first thing i checked were the eyebrow lights and they worked. Hip Hip i thought, but on the last ugrade i noticed that the car had lost all of the personal settings, this time the car was exactley the same as i left it.How do i find what version of software the car has, is this listed within the i-drive, or could a dealer tell me over the phone or by reading my key. I would like to find out before i go back to the dealer.

Hi mate,

I think the only way to find out is to call your dealer and ask them, they will be able to provide you with the exct info. you cant find it out your self.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

am i right in that the car looses all personal settings
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2013 M5 - Sakhir Orange / Black Leather.

Originally Posted by 525iiiii' post='372193' date='Dec 29 2006, 04:55 PM
am i right in that the car looses all personal settings
Not necessarily. The tech is able to back up your personal settings prior to re-coding the car and then download them after the car is re-programed. I've had both experiences.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

how long was ur last update...if more than a 2 months ago the i-drive settings menu has changed a little in shape...
ur new update should have it... unless u ready had it....
Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Members

my last one could have been 12-18 months ago and i have not noticed any differences in the i-drive at all.It all looks the same.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

When you meant gearbox problems does your car slow down or down shifts on downhills?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

if you have pro Nav... im sure the interface should have changed..
to be sure try this post i've linked..
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=218599
Old 12-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Members

i dont have pro nav does anyone have any pics of the latest screen from the idrive and sub menus
Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 AM
Members

i have gone into hidden menu and under versiondkontrolle i have 1-05-09-510-050509 which looks like cip 19.0 also at the top of this menu it reads build june8 2005 could this be the date of the last upgrade, i am starting to think they have not done the upgrade as the car gearbox problems are still there, when changing down then speeding of there is a delay, sometimes i have to change gears in manual as they wont change, dealer could not find or replicate the problem and suggested an upgrade

Quick Reply: car had software upgrade