E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CAR DOES NOT START

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I SPORT. BLACK BEAUTY. HEADS UP, NAVI,AC SCHNITZER ROOF SPOILER, TRUNK LIP SPOILER, 20 IN AXIS PENTA (NOW PAINTED BLACK). M-TECH KIT, EIBACH SPORTS.

Hey guys, just got the car back from the dealer. Went in for a parts warranty (subwoofer replacement). Dealer kept my car for 1 day. SA called and said the car was ready. SA also made me aware that my aftermarket warranty was over. No prob. Jumped in the car started and drove towards home (approx 2.5 miles). Got to my community, stopped off to pick my kids up at the sitter. Stayed for approx 40 mins. Jumped in the car, started and drove around the corner to my house. 3 hrs later, jumped in the car to go to the gym. Car does not start. Battery seems fine. AC/blower fan kicks on strong, radio plays no prob. Tried another key, no go. Started checking some fuses and noticed some were missing (glove compartment). Granted, not all 5's have the same equipment. I noticed the fuse for the passenger seat adjustment was missing. The driver's side rear window fuse was also missing (WTF). Could the dealer (stealer) have done something to my car? Was I lucky to have made it home? When I turn the key on while depressing the brake pedal, I hear the relay in the glove compartment click. I can also hear a click in the steering column. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Car in park?
Sounds like a bad starter.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 535xi Sport
Model Year: 2009

Originally Posted by AXIS530
Hey guys, just got the car back from the dealer. Went in for a parts warranty (subwoofer replacement). Dealer kept my car for 1 day. SA called and said the car was ready. SA also made me aware that my aftermarket warranty was over. No prob. Jumped in the car started and drove towards home (approx 2.5 miles). Got to my community, stopped off to pick my kids up at the sitter. Stayed for approx 40 mins. Jumped in the car, started and drove around the corner to my house. 3 hrs later, jumped in the car to go to the gym. Car does not start. Battery seems fine. AC/blower fan kicks on strong, radio plays no prob. Tried another key, no go. Started checking some fuses and noticed some were missing (glove compartment). Granted, not all 5's have the same equipment. I noticed the fuse for the passenger seat adjustment was missing. The driver's side rear window fuse was also missing (WTF). Could the dealer (stealer) have done something to my car? Was I lucky to have made it home? When I turn the key on while depressing the brake pedal, I hear the relay in the glove compartment click. I can also hear a click in the steering column. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Really, REALLY doubt the dealer (or ANY mechanic) would have done something to intentionally disable your car. I mean, think about it - they're busy, do you really think a BMW dealer would be BOTHERED to mess with your car? It's enough trouble to get them to fix it right, much less do the work AND mess with something else along the way. Highly unlikely. More potential negatives than positives.

That said, it's not entirely out of the question that they didn't bugger something up. I'd suggest calling your service advisor, talk about a possible connection and see what they offer.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I SPORT. BLACK BEAUTY. HEADS UP, NAVI,AC SCHNITZER ROOF SPOILER, TRUNK LIP SPOILER, 20 IN AXIS PENTA (NOW PAINTED BLACK). M-TECH KIT, EIBACH SPORTS.

Originally Posted by twobeemers
Really, REALLY doubt the dealer (or ANY mechanic) would have done something to intentionally disable your car. I mean, think about it - they're busy, do you really think a BMW dealer would be BOTHERED to mess with your car? It's enough trouble to get them to fix it right, much less do the work AND mess with something else along the way. Highly unlikely. More potential negatives than positives.

That said, it's not entirely out of the question that they didn't bugger something up. I'd suggest calling your service advisor, talk about a possible connection and see what they offer.
Then how do you explain the missing fuses. I just detailed the car this weekend. Windows and seats worked. Obviously the fuses were in. SA and their techs do not get paid unless repairs are done on the cars. Wouldn't put anything passed them. They're called the "Stealership" for a reason. Anyways, this situation still forces me to take the car in for diagnostics. Good luck to me.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Maybe they needed your fuses to put it in another e60 perhaps a member from this forum?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

I guess is they must have removed to work on the sub-woofer and forgot to put it back?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

If you really think/suspect your dealer is that underhanded and shady in it's practices -- which I find incredibly hard to believe -- then you really need to find another dealer!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Members

Starter took a crap. $162 for stater (with core) at Autozone. 1 hr later and some scrapes on my arm....VVRROOOOMMMM. Done. Dealer wanted approx $1000. Good save I say.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by AXIS530
Starter took a crap. $162 for stater (with core) at Autozone. 1 hr later and some scrapes on my arm....VVRROOOOMMMM. Done. Dealer wanted approx $1000. Good save I say.
What about the missing fuses?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Hey Axis530, I think I saw you near Pines and Hiatus a month or so ago, going to the Pembroke Pines Mall. Good knowing you're close. What year is your car? Just checked your profile, 04'.

Quick Reply: CAR DOES NOT START