E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car Delivery Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered (two weeks ago) new 525xi, and have a few neebie questions. Never owned BMW, have had Benz (2) prior to this...anything I should know???
Also, the dealer said there would be a way to track my car on the ship over from Germany, but I cant find where I can do that....Suggestions?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by henriks' post='393520' date='Feb 20 2007, 01:32 PM
Just ordered (two weeks ago) new 525xi, and have a few neebie questions. Never owned BMW, have had Benz (2) prior to this...anything I should know???
Also, the dealer said there would be a way to track my car on the ship over from Germany, but I cant find where I can do that....Suggestions?
You will need either your VIN number or the Production number.

There is a posting here, somewhere, that has a 1-800 numer that you call, punch in the VIN or Prod. #, and it will give you periodic updates on prodcution status and arrival information. I used to call almost every day, but I discarded the number (and the bookmarked site with the phone number) when my car arrived.

Check around here. I seem to think the guy who posted the link here was copying it from a 3 series forum.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by henriks' post='393520' date='Feb 20 2007, 12:32 PM
The dealer should give you a production number or eventually the VIN once it has been assigned. Go to the BMWUSA.com website and click on Owners, then to Owner's Circle, finally Create a new Account. You will be prompted to enter either number to create your account. In the Owner's Circle there will be a way to track your car as it moves through production, shipping and arrival at your dealer. Be forewarned that this system tends to lag behind by quite a bit. There is also a 1-800 number to call BMW North America (search forum as I it has been 3 years since I used the number) and you can get updated info there. Finally you can pester your sales person and they can look it up on the computer at the dealership.

Also, do a search on this forum as once the car is on a ship, you can sometimes track the ship and its expected arrival in port. As I recall this was for East Coast ships only but that may have changed.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='393545' date='Feb 20 2007, 02:27 PM
The dealer should give you a production number or eventually the VIN once it has been assigned. Go to the BMWUSA.com website and click on Owners, then to Owner's Circle, finally Create a new Account. You will be prompted to enter either number to create your account. In the Owner's Circle there will be a way to track your car as it moves through production, shipping and arrival at your dealer. Be forewarned that this system tends to lag behind by quite a bit. There is also a 1-800 number to call BMW North America (search forum as I it has been 3 years since I used the number) and you can get updated info there. Finally you can pester your sales person and they can look it up on the computer at the dealership.

Also, do a search on this forum as once the car is on a ship, you can sometimes track the ship and its expected arrival in port. As I recall this was for East Coast ships only but that may have changed.
Ja, it is for east coast bound vessels only.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by henriks' post='393520' date='Feb 20 2007, 01:32 PM
The number is 800.831.1117, and have your production number ready. It's strange, the website says my car is 'on order' while the phone number says it's scheduled for production. I suppose what others have been saying about the phone number being more up-to-date info is correct. Good luck on your purchase--great car.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='393556' date='Feb 20 2007, 01:58 PM
The number is 800.831.1117, and have your production number ready. It's strange, the website says my car is 'on order' while the phone number says it's scheduled for production. I suppose what others have been saying about the phone number being more up-to-date info is correct. Good luck on your purchase--great car.
Again, the website can have a significant lag. The website said "Awaiting Transport" (as in awaiting transport from Germany!) the day my car arrived at the dealer....
Old 02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Members

Talking

Thanks - found it...still on it's way, getting hard to wait!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='393559' date='Feb 20 2007, 03:06 PM
Again, the website can have a significant lag. The website said "Awaiting Transport" (as in awaiting transport from Germany!) the day my car arrived at the dealer....
That's hysterical. That's also the end of me following it through owners circle--I see daily phone calls in my future!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Members

Thumbs up

yeah, it's been that way. ordered in Jan, and through owners circle...it looks like it is still in production - but going to the shipping vendor's site - putting in the VIN, she's getting to NJ by the end of the week.
Another question???
Anyone using the IPod integration? I ordered from the parts dept., to be installed when car arrives...but what are your experiences with it?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by henriks' post='393567' date='Feb 20 2007, 03:15 PM
yeah, it's been that way. ordered in Jan, and through owners circle...it looks like it is still in production - but going to the shipping vendor's site - putting in the VIN, she's getting to NJ by the end of the week.
Another question???
Anyone using the IPod integration? I ordered from the parts dept., to be installed when car arrives...but what are your experiences with it?
Hey Henriks - Where do you live? What color/options did you get on your car? Welcome to the family. You'll love the car.

Quick Reply: Car Delivery Question