5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Car been replaced with the wrong parts? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/car-been-replaced-wrong-parts-124357/)

joeekrub 06-21-2012 12:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Long story short, the car I bought had repairs done by the previous owner. He said he had a door in the same color, so instead of painting a new door, he just swapped the entire door from another car. My car has Cold Weather, Premium, and Sport Packages

Well....

1) my car is supposed to have the comfort access, which I think it does, because the door locks when I pull the handle. Is there also supposed to be a function on the handle to lock it when leaving? and a small light behind the handle?

2) The car has the auto rear sun shade, but there is no button on the driver side window switch(picture attached). Haven't seen another panel for sale that has the compartment included as one trim piece. Is this model correct?

3) The car is supposed to have auto fold mirrors, but they dont. Wrong mirrors? Or is this associated with the wrong window switch?

4)Car is supposed to have the Logic 7. If he replaced the door, how do I know if this one has the correct speakers

Sorry for the simple questions, but thanks for the help

tonyb635 06-21-2012 12:51 PM

1. if your car unlocks when you put you hand inside the handle you have confort access. This is the same thing you do to lock it, nothing to really press. If you look in your owners manual it will show you where the spots are.
2. Auto shade should be that last rectanglar button. I need to look at mine again.
3. auto fold mirror button is the small round one located next to your left right selector.
4. not sure...

rayray1558 06-21-2012 01:08 PM

pull on handle to unlock doors, place back of your hand on door key hole part to lock doors, or put your finger on the inside of the key hole this will unlock doors to keep your finger their this will roll up all windows and close the sun roof to owners manual has this info to...power fold is the button next to the left right mirror selector...

pradden 06-21-2012 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by joeekrub (Post 1451914)
2) The car has the auto rear sun shade, but there is no button on the driver side window switch(picture attached). Haven't seen another panel for sale that has the compartment included as one trim piece. Is this model correct?

A:
Although this is for my pre-LCI (04-07) 525i, your buttons should look the exact same as these pictured here:
Attachment 134361
The blue circle is the auto fold button for your mirrors.
The red circle is the auto rear sun shade.

Hope this helps.

Pic Credit:Nelson29

tonyb635 06-21-2012 04:42 PM

+1 from Pradden, I went and had a look at mine and it's just as in the pic even for my LCI. Looks like you do not have the correct control module in there if you have the rear shade.

bada! 06-21-2012 05:32 PM

If you have a rear sun shade and the door was swapped out, I'm pretty sure the last owner didn't swap out the original control module. Or the door was in some sort of accident and the control module was also affected. Same with the comfort access. This new door handle might not have the sensor although the car does.

As for the speaker, only way to know for sure is to take the door panel off and have a look. Cross your fingers.

Mikey B-mer 06-21-2012 06:08 PM

If the previous owner only replaced the drivers door, then you should have speakers in the rear doors. The rectangular switch you mentioned in the pic of the control panel is to disable the passenger window switches when depressed.

corey 06-21-2012 07:34 PM

If you have Logic 7 there will be controls for it in idrive tone settings.

joeekrub 06-22-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by bada! (Post 1451998)
If you have a rear sun shade and the door was swapped out, I'm pretty sure the last owner didn't swap out the original control module. Or the door was in some sort of accident and the control module was also affected. Same with the comfort access. This new door handle might not have the sensor although the car does.

As for the speaker, only way to know for sure is to take the door panel off and have a look. Cross your fingers.

Yep this is what I'm worried about. I know the car shows all the functions. But the comfort access only works when the handle is pulled, not when I try to lock it with touch

Same with the speakers, the doors were replaced, so I doubt he swapped the good speakers in

:doh:

Gilgorm 06-22-2012 07:54 AM

While annoying, you can also lock the car by touching the REAR door handle instead of the front one. I'm puzzled as to why CA would only work to open the car if the door module is missing. Not all E60s have lite handles.

As for Logic 7, you may be missing a tweeter in the A-pillar even if the grill is there.(I think) and the door speaker itself may be of inferior quality.