E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cant decide what to get...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, going to be buying a new 5er and cant decide which one to get.

Seen a 535D M Sport for sale with the following options.
Price: £20,750
Year: June 2007
Mileage: 53,000
Colour: Carbon Black
Airbags. rear side
Automatic Gearbox
Black trim. high-gloss
Comfort Access
Comfort seats. front
DAB digital radio
Ext. mirrors - folding. auto dimming
Extended Interior Light Package
Headlight wash
High-beam Assistant
ISOFIX Child Seat System
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
Cruise Control with brake function
First Aid Kit & Triangle
Floor Mats
M Sport Package
Lane Departure Warning System
Park Distance Control
Remote Control Alarm
Smoker Package
Seat Heating Rear
Seat Ventilation Front
Through Loading System
Sun blind-rear electric
Soft Close Doors

or a 530D M Sport
Price: £23,350
Year: December 2008
Mileage: 38,00
Colour: Carbon Black
19" M Double-spoke style 172M alloy whee
DAB digital radio
Dark Poplar wood trim. high-gloss
Ext. mirrors - folding. auto dimming
Headlight wash
Leather interior
Media package
Seat heating. front
Space-saver spare wheel
Sport automatic transmission
Sun protection glass
Security Wheel Bolts
Remote Control Alarm
M Sport Package
Floor Mats
First Aid Kit & Triangle
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
Smoker Package
Park Distance Control
Automatic Air Conditioning
Cruise Control with brake function
USB Audio interface
Visibility Pack
New iDrive system

Cant decide, spend £3,000 more and get one with a low mileage and less spec and of an earlier model or not spend more and get the one with slight higher milegae but more spec'd up. plus ones a 530D M Sport and the others a 535D M Sport.

The mrs is expecting in august and is begging to get the Range Rover Sport but my heart is tsill set on the 5er.

Which one guys help me decide please...????

Old 06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Ya know what del, I would go with 535d and get the higher spec then retrofit the CIC with the remaining 3 and half grand.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly if you're not gonna be into engine modding or tuning I would get the 530, only reason I say that is because it has less mileage and already is an LCI. Also if you're not going to do any modifications then the turbo doesn't mean much to you, and if a turbo happens to go out when the warranty expires(which is soon I'm betting) is a pain in the ass and costs an arm and leg.
If you like speed and plan on putting some type of flash on the 535i like a JB4 or cobb or something to that effect, then 535 all the way. I'd look into the fact of whether or not it has an extended warranty however, with it being 50k+ miles already that is one thing I'd be curious about. You don't want to buy a car without a warranty and have a hidden problem arise out of nowhere and have to pay an expensive BMW repair out of pocket.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Honestly if you're not gonna be into engine modding or tuning I would get the 530, only reason I say that is because it has less mileage and already is an LCI. Also if you're not going to do any modifications then the turbo doesn't mean much to you, and if a turbo happens to go out when the warranty expires(which is soon I'm betting) is a pain in the ass and costs an arm and leg.
If you like speed and plan on putting some type of flash on the 535i like a JB4 or cobb or something to that effect, then 535 all the way. I'd look into the fact of whether or not it has an extended warranty however, with it being 50k+ miles already that is one thing I'd be curious about. You don't want to buy a car without a warranty and have a hidden problem arise out of nowhere and have to pay an expensive BMW repair out of pocket.
Both the cars are from BMW Dealers and come with warranty also, 535D is an LCI.

Im a bit of a speed freak at times but the question now is that my wife is expecting in august and its my first born, so im defo gonna cut down on speed as i would like to see the little one grow up, also the other dilemma is even though i wont speed around i would still like to have that extra 40bhp under my foot, but as you said the other has low mileage and low spec'd but the one with 20,000 more mileage is more spec'd up..

if im going to buy another 5er im going to keep it for atleast 5 years before i decide to change it.
touch wood it doesnt get stolen, like the last one...i had my previous 5er which i bought back in April 2008 at 44,000 and had it for 2years and covered 29,000 miles while i had it before it got stolen in last month may 11.

so you can understand the dilemma.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Ya know what del, I would go with 535d and get the higher spec then retrofit the CIC with the remaining 3 and half grand.
As i stated above Blood, i will keep the car for atleast 5 years before i decide to change it, so im guessing the 530D comes with the new CIC as it has the new idrive with the preset buttons? (coorect me if im wrong).

But i can see where your coming from as the 535D comes with near enough most of the options listed by BMW.

But thats the dilemma im in, get one that has most of the spec with high mileage and keep it for 5 years or get one with low spec but with low mileage and keep it for 5 years.

Also BlooD whats the difference between the CCC and CIC? is there much of a difference? ( i havent seen an e60 with the CIC unit yet)
Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
As i stated above Blood, i will keep the car for atleast 5 years before i decide to change it, so im guessing the 530D comes with the new CIC as it has the new idrive with the preset buttons? (coorect me if im wrong).

But i can see where your coming from as the 535D comes with near enough most of the options listed by BMW.

But thats the dilemma im in, get one that has most of the spec with high mileage and keep it for 5 years or get one with low spec but with low mileage and keep it for 5 years.

Also BlooD whats the difference between the CCC and CIC? is there much of a difference? ( i havent seen an e60 with the CIC unit yet)
The 2008 one might not have the CIC, I would check as im pretty sure the CIC controller was added sept 2008 but the CIC module was not added until march 2009 but I could be wrong.

The CIC is a major upgrade from the CCC, much faster hardware, better menu system, full 3d navigation with 3d gfx for buildings in major cites plus a 20gb hard drive for storing music.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

IMO if I were you:

If the wife is begging for the Range Rover....get it. The first issue that arises withe the 5er, and she will be harping in your ear because you didn't listen to her.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535D M Sport Carbon Black, 172s, Boot spoiler, Tinted Glass, Media pack, Visabilty Pack, Hifi Upgrade, Electric memory heated Seats, Heated steering Wheel, Sport auto Trans,

Dont buy a chelsea tractor they drink fuel! I love my 535d so much torque so smooth you never need full throttle so economical mine does 35-40 mpg from a 286bhp motor + that option list is a dream, electric memory seats is a must if you share a car with your wife, i also love the way the small turbo spins from just about tick over so no flat spot at the bottom end makes for fast exits at round abouts corners ect also when the big one takes over power all the way up to the red line. Cant comment on the 530d diddent bother test driving one. I knew that the 530d just wouldent do i just had to have a 535d and i dont regret it.