E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Canada E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cleung' post='752174' date='Dec 24 2008, 12:06 PM
canada goose jacket?

I've been in and out of dealer shop recently and was chatting with the guys and noticed they have been very busy lately and ask why. Service manager told me that lots of the cars they have been working on are vehicles from south of the border that don't have the cold weather stuff that the canadain cars are fitted with and have been having trouble in our recent deep freeze. Now how true this is I'm not totally sure as I am not aware of really any differences in terms of parts for Canadian cars and american cars? In terms of the speedo and climate controls I don't see why they need to be changed, the american speedos have km's on them.

so american speedos have kms/h on them? how come mine doesnt have miles/hour on it?
Old 12-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i It's Black on Carbon Black, Aluminum, HUD, CWP, NAV, M-Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by .:545i:.' post='752620' date='Dec 25 2008, 09:37 AM
so american speedos have kms/h on them? how come mine doesnt have miles/hour on it?
Yup. At least all the pics that I have seen on the internet of inst panels on US models show mph in primary text and kmh in a smaller font. Don't get me going on why stuff for up here is different. I guess it's part of why we need to spend 10 to 15 grand more for for the same car!!!
Attached Thumbnails Canada E60 Sub-Forum-us_speedo_cluster.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by sunny_j' post='751040' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:47 PM
too solid your car is sick why you selling it?

im in the market for a white 535/550 but your buy out seems to high for me.
Thanks buddy! The seats in my 535 KILL my back! It's also annoying get in and out of the car (I'm 6"2, 275lbs) those are the main 2 reasons. Plus I just bought a snowmobile and will be going up north alot, plus I need something to haul it around with.

If youre interested in the lease let me know, changed to first 3 payments and will throw in the splitter, exhaust, springs and brake pads!

Note that everything is off as of now and my car is back to stock!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by too solid' post='762395' date='Jan 8 2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks buddy! The seats in my 535 KILL my back! It's also annoying get in and out of the car (I'm 6"2, 275lbs) those are the main 2 reasons. Plus I just bought a snowmobile and will be going up north alot, plus I need something to haul it around with.

If youre interested in the lease let me know, changed to first 3 payments and will throw in the splitter, exhaust, springs and brake pads!

Where did you get your Miro wheels in Toronto? I'm looking for a set and am wondering how your experience was with the shop you went to?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 545iS SMG, Black on Brown... Carbon Grille. Navi. PDC. Htd Seats. HUD... Sunshades. Logic7. All Packages. 20%front-5%back........ ETC............................... Coming Soon: MTEC full kit, some wheels. ACS rear carbon spoiler. NAV TV.

Originally Posted by dlight' post='753320' date='Dec 26 2008, 07:32 PM
Yup. At least all the pics that I have seen on the internet of inst panels on US models show mph in primary text and kmh in a smaller font. Don't get me going on why stuff for up here is different. I guess it's part of why we need to spend 10 to 15 grand more for for the same car!!!
I imported my car from states and have same cluster miles/km I think our canadian KM cluster looks much better
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by 2004 530i' post='764180' date='Jan 9 2009, 09:11 PM
Where did you get your Miro wheels in Toronto? I'm looking for a set and am wondering how your experience was with the shop you went to?
I purchased the wheels from Cali! A place called BavarianX. I would never recommend anyone to them. Mousy company with terrible business etiquette. I waited 4 months to get my splitter which they said would take 1 and 1/2 months tops. I finally recieved it and it was the wrong one! Made for M5 only! About 1 and 1/2 months later I finally got the right one, but with no mounting hardware! They were supposed to refund me ($300) for paying the duty on the splitter twice and to get my wheels and tires rebalanced and tpm sensor install (because they sent me the wheels and tires without tpm sensors). After about 20 phone calls and a lot of hounding I finally got my money in the mail a few weeks ago. I still have the M5 splitter taking up space in my office! BavarianX is by far the worst company I've ever delt with by a long shot and I can't wait to not speak with anyone from that company again!

I searched every wheel place in Toronto and nobody offered the Miro's anywhere! If you're looking for a good deal on wheels and tires not to mention great people to deal with contact trinityautosport.com

Contact member Trinity Autosport (Joe) who is the president or nerweezy (nerwyll) either of them will be happy to help you with what you need and give the best price possible! I've purchased from them before and everything always goes very smoothly! Great guys!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Still have some parts for sale! Here is the link to the thread! Click it if you want DEALS DEALS DEALS lol..

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=706910
Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by FRANK970' post='730979' date='Nov 25 2008, 08:35 AM
I have the Dinan Stage II. Good mod worth the money. My comments on upgrade: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...p;mode=threaded
Keep us posted.
Did you have this done through Brian Jessel? How long did they have your car? Did they give you a loaner?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='766089' date='Jan 12 2009, 02:52 PM
Did you have this done through Brian Jessel? How long did they have your car? Did they give you a loaner?
Yes, full day, and Yes.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi

Damn, timing is a funny thing.

Except for the fact that you don't have Nav, your car is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Unfortunatley, I have to unload my 2006 M3 before I can jump on anything. My family is expanding, so I need a bigger car, but my car is leased and with all my work travel, I haven't had a chance to get it listed.

I'm going to try to get it done next week, but I'm pretty sure I wont get rid of it in time to work something out with you... I'll keep an eye out though.

Nice ride.

Originally Posted by too solid' post='762395' date='Jan 8 2009, 12:53 AM

Quick Reply: Canada E60 Sub-Forum