E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Can someone tell me why the US based LCI taillights have a red blinker

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there is one thing I can't stand then it's red blinkers, it ticks me off because they are difficult to distinguish from the brake lights in the corner of your eye. So why on Earth would they allow red turn signals in the taillights. Is there any reasoning behind this?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Members

For colour blind people...No, wait...
Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

we always get the weird and useless things
Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

DOT standards AFAIK. You can thank them for the great orange reflectors on the sides of the front bumper as well...

(I like the front refelctors and red rear blinkers ). Funny how some euro members have posted wanting red blinkers on their tailights, but cannot due to traffic laws there...."the grass is always greener..."
Old 11-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

I like them a lot.
To each his own, also enough people like them to retrofit the lci tails in to the non lci cars.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

All the american cars us red blinkers... I dont like them, I prefer amber turn signals... Like you said its hard to distinguish them between brake lights or signals... and with all these horrible drivers on the road.. the more help the better.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I like them a lot.
To each his own, also enough people like them to retrofit the lci tails in to the non lci cars.
Really? I mean the colour is a nice deep red, but I still think amber makes the car.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='714181' date='Nov 6 2008, 05:04 PM
All the american cars us red blinkers... I dont like them, I prefer amber turn signals... Like you said its hard to distinguish them between brake lights or signals... and with all these horrible drivers on the road.. the more help the better.
Thank you, you are awesome. . The most anoying thing is when some crappy driver, can brake for s**t and pumps the brakes, because then it becomes really hard ot tell without looking at the other tail light, which is often not possible. And then to put a cherry on top, they end up pulling in front of you without using their blinker. I don't now why people use their blinkers. It's just a flick of the wrist. Thankfully pretty much everyone who I have seen that owns a BMW actually uses their blinker.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='714207' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:25 PM
Really? I mean the colour is a nice deep red, but I still think amber makes the car.

you could try contacting gary at newport BMW at ask the price for euro spec LCI tailights, i would think that it would be plug and play for an LCI car...then perhaps you could just sell your US spec ones.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='714181' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:04 PM
+1
Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='714141' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:40 PM
Funny how some euro members have posted wanting red blinkers on their tailights, but cannot due to traffic laws there...."the grass is always greener..."
Show me where? I can't believe anyone would actually want RED indicators.

Don't bother asking Garry for any EU parts he can't get them and the reason people retrofit the LCI tails is because of the LEDs and not because of the RED turn - if anything they ditch them and many ready to pay over $200 more to get the EU ones shipped over.

Quick Reply: Can someone tell me why the US based LCI taillights have a red blinker