E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Can the annoying seltbelt chime be disabled???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Huh what button is that I dont have it...
Old 06-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made it myself so that I can turn on/off my aftermarket amp whenever I want. It overrides the ignition turn-on wire.
In other words, if this button is in "on" position, amp will be on whenever ignition is "on"
If this button is in "off" position, turn on ignition does not turn on the amp.
What's the purpose for this? The amp is a little bit noisy when crank up the gain of the amp to high, so whenever I don't listen to music, I turn it off manually.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Premium Package, Sport Package (Bridgestone RFTs), Logic 7 Sound System, Nav System, Split Folding Rear Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Park Distance Control.

My530i,

I hope I'm not out of line but do you think you might consider a smaller signature? Maybe you could remove the image since most of your signature image just repeats your avatar. It's no big deal but it might help make scrolling through long strings easier.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Geno,
Welcome to the forum.
I receive alot of email regarding my sound and video installation. The most commonly asked questions is what hardware I have. I put it on my signature.
In case you might not know, our forum member here should have a signature showing as many option as he/she has so other forum member and help him/her easier based on option he/she has.

One more thing, please update your location and signature in case you have some question about your car, we can help you more efficiently and avoid thread traffic.

My apology for the hijack.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Premium Package, Sport Package (Bridgestone RFTs), Logic 7 Sound System, Nav System, Split Folding Rear Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Park Distance Control.

Hi My53oi,

Thanks for the post.

I haven't entered my signature yet as my car is still on order. I plan to add a complete signature once I've received shipment with all the requested options (the BMW site weirdly confirms all my ordered options except for the Sport Package and Premium Package). In the meantime I'll add what I can; sorry to seem like a prowler.

Your hardware comments on the board are interesting. I guess I can't make out from the photo which mods you're showing (paddle shifters and an in-dash dvd player or reverse parking camera?) and wonder if the link wouldn't be enough. Maybe I'm the only one who notices. I see it flash by in multiples as people quote your original post in their responses and it's getting burned into my monitor crystals.

No big thing. So far this site and many of your posts have been really helpful.