E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Canīt unlock the car

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife just parked the car in the garage locked the car and the morning after the car wouldn?t open despite our attempts to open it both with the remote and manually. Nothing really happens when I try to open, the blinker do not blink but I can open the trunk manually. I have connected another battery to the car and nothing changes. Any ideas? This time I really need some help.

It?s a 2003 E60 530IA
Old 04-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

It's a bitch when your manual is locked in the car. Ok, sorry, that wasn't any help.... Maybe I'll go check mine...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Contributors

a rock should get you in no problem. sorry, i know that was not helpful...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Nothing in the manual as far as I can see. Searching on deadlocked, etc. as I'm sure you are as well...
Old 04-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Contributors

are you sure you cant put the key in the door and turn the lock?
Old 04-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Contributors

Found this on car repair forum..don't know if it will help. Let us know if you get it! Still looking...

Posted at Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:10 am
By bil_20032003, New to the forum
Give Feedback | Votes: 0

Electrical problem
2001 BMW 330 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 78000 miles
----------------------------------------------------------------
This morning I locked my car via the remote with no issues. But now when I am trying to open it, its not unlocking. The only thing I could do with the remote is unlock the boot. I have tried to use the key to open the door but no joy. However as an emergency lock technique I tried to turn the key clockwise for few seconds and the windows went down. Now I have managed to climb in the car through the window but doors are still locked. Central locking is not opening doors but it does makes a clicking noise when I unlock and when I press lock button the light also flashes with the same clicking noise. I have checked all fuses and they are all fine. I have taken the central locking fuse out and now I can use my key to lock and unlock my driver side door but the rest of the 3 doors are still locked. I have read many articles on internet but no help. Is it a DEADLOCK? How can I Open it.

Posted at Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:26 am
By Dr. Hagerty, Certified 2CarPros Master Technician
(452) Give Feedback | Votes: 9

Central arrest should be released with a request from the button in the center console and then pull twice on the inside door handles. Let me know if this helps, it may need replacement door latches due to a faulty micro switch.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Members

Are u using the master key? I can recall when I disc my batt and tried using my secd. key I could not open car. Just a thought. After reading manu. I tried the master key and the car opened.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Contributors

i dont know if your battery is completely dead, it might be worth calling BMW assist to see if they can unlock it
Old 04-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Contributors

And one more idea from the www...

The doors can be locked and deadlocked. When deadlocked, they will not open from inside. This prevents a thief from prying the window open enough to get a slim jim in and pull the lock knob. The lock knob and all rods internal to the door are physically prevented from moving. This also prevents anyone not familiar with the system from unlocking the door, even with the key, as unlocking a deadlocked door requires turning the key in the unlock direction, lifting the handle, then turning the key farther.

Inertia switch. If the car undergoes a shock of approximately 5g?s, all doors automatically unlock, and the hazard lights turn on. This allows rescue teams to more easily locate a wrecked car and gain entry.

I'm guessing the first procedure is probably the procedure of choice...
Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Do you have folding rear seats? If so, fold them down from the trunk and try to operate the door handle.

Quick Reply: Canīt unlock the car