E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C shuts off on it's own

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i cant stand the climate system in this car. just give me a knob with red and blue and a 1/2/3/4 blower speed. done.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

while on the topic I got a noob question, only had my car for about 4 months, is there a way to turn off the automatic setting where when you start the car it remembers the last heating/cooling setting and turns it on? I hate that, I'd like to be able to turn it on myself when I want it, I checked idrive but I didn't see the option so maybe it has to be coded?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by Justin66mp
while on the topic I got a noob question, only had my car for about 4 months, is there a way to turn off the automatic setting where when you start the car it remembers the last heating/cooling setting and turns it on? I hate that, I'd like to be able to turn it on myself when I want it, I checked idrive but I didn't see the option so maybe it has to be coded?
Your not the only one. Annoying as hell that the climate controls start when the key is put in the ignition.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by Justin66mp
I assume you have comfort access? Comfort Access Settings will need to be coded
Old 06-16-2017, 04:58 PM
New Members

My Ride: 528i 2013
Default A/C turns off on max!

Fellow 528-ers,

MAX AC TURNS OFF

I bought my 2013 528i for a great deal in April 2017. Mid June my AC was turning off on MAX setting. The entire AC would stop.

I turned the vehicle off, waited a minute and it started back up cold. Every time I set MAX setting, it would shut off completely. It would turn on every now and then while driving for a few minutes then turn back off.

i read in other forums it could possibly be the Battery because of insufficient voltage for max setting. Or even a replacement battery not registered with the software.

I took it it to the dealership, ran a diagnostic and it came back with issues with the blower and final stage resistor. Paperwork read:

W- connect charger brief test, fault stored for blower output stage open circuit in load circuit detected

DW - c/o test module, found the fan has begun to seize up and overloaded the output stage of the final stage resistor. Replaced blower motor and final stage resistor delete fault memory, check - ok

parts replaced:
64-11-9-242-607 blower motor: 641013
64-11-9-355-981 blower regulator: 641020

cost was $975 parts and labor, was free because of warranty. Vehicle AC runs like a champ now!!!
I hope this thread has been helpful!
Old 08-30-2021, 06:33 AM
Probation Members

My Ride: 07 e60
Default Mine did the same thing

Originally Posted by notopm3
This A/C system is driving me nuts. In order to get it to actually blow cold air I have to hit the "MAX" button, which makes the fan blow as hard as possible. I immediately have to turn the fan down. If I just use the little snowflake button, the air is cool, but not cold as MAX and feels a little humid. So, I constantly have to run the "MAX" A/C. Then is shuts itself off and goes back to the regular snowflake A/C which is not nearly as cold. Long story short, I constantly have to reengage the MAX button in order to keep the cold air flowing in.

Why is the regluar A/C not cold, but the MAX A/C is very cold? Why does it keep turning itself off? I know it has an automatic function (which I don't remember ever setting), but when it switches from MAX to snowflake, it gets noticeably warmer in the car...which should trigger the MAX function immediately, right?

mine did the same thing when I first got it. It’s in your comfort section of your control system. It will have a picture of each seat. Scroll up it turns red and down turns blue. Make all of your vents blue and you’ll be good