E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Noise From Pass Side After Wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 08:51 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525I
Model Year: 2004
Unhappy Strange Noise From Pass Side After Wash

To start I recently bought a 2004 BMW 525i with 116k miles on the car and near perfect condition both inside and out visually at least. The engine has almost no wrenching marks anywhere besides the normal maintenance places that I can see at least and it runs great for the most part, it does have a few issues I need to get to but nothing the original owner didn't inform me about as much as he was aware of.. However yesterday after washing the car [in a DIY stall with pressure washer, if this makes a difference] when I started it up there was a weird squeak noise that started coming from somewhere on passenger side, it sounds almost like the sound a loose belt makes or a fan spinning that needs greased only not as loud or constant as either. It sounded as if it was coming from either behind the glove box [which to my knowledge all that’s back there is the other half of cars fuses, correct?] or from pass floor board, it happened in P,D,& R; it also didn’t make a difference if the a/c was on or off the noise was there the entire way home, once getting home I shut it off and left it parked for a few hours before starting it again for a few mins to see if noise was still there & it did it for the first few mins but then got quite, it’s weird because it can’t be heard from engine bay when opening the hood nor from standing outside the passenger side anywhere, does anyone happen to know what could be causing this noise, or was causing it, if when I start it today its gone, because I’m puzzled & still very much learning about this car so any help, ideas, or links anyone can think of to help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Hmmm, sounds like something got wet and then dried - no idea what it could be though. Does the car have the front plastic undercarriage trey/shields installed? If not water could have easily gotten splashed up where it shouldn't go.

Last edited by LessIsMore; 07-09-2018 at 01:38 PM.