E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

bugs!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d se auto. black sapphire, 17" 5 spoke 138 style alloys. dark poplar trim, charcoal flat weave cloth, bluetooth phone prep, dimming rear view and side mirrors, lumbar support, heated front deats, phone cradle

What is the best way of removing bugs and bug splatter from the paintwork? I dont want to scrub to hard over the paint!!! any help would be great!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

good wash, clay bar detailing, and wax it good...and avoid the bugs, I think the e60 is agile enough for that
Old 07-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

I just waxed the whole car with Zymol earlier this week. It took me a damn eternity to do it well. It seems to take far more buffing than any other wax product ive used before (but the smell is divine)....

However i just washed it today for the first time since waxing and managed to remove about 99% of the flies and bugs and even bird crap with just the hose.

it slid off faster than you can say 'oh my god the bugs are sliding off my car!'

so wash it. scrape all the crap off or use some clay bar thing. then wax the bugger well.

It could have something to do with waxing it 4 times in a month too.... It seems to have a fairly good protective layer of the stuff now. Helps tremendously removing 'debris'
Old 07-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by 525dse' date='Jul 23 2005, 08:51 PM
What is the best way of removing bugs? and bug splatter from the paintwork? I dont want to scrub to hard over the paint!!! any help would be great!
[snapback]152227[/snapback]
1) First apply some good quality solvent on the dry and cool(!) surfise (hood and bumber etc.) with is affected by bugs or whatever.

2) Wait a minute or so...

3) then rinse it with pressured wather.

4) Wash the car normally (and carefully with good quality shampoo).

5) Apply good quality wax (this will make it easier to wash the bugs off).

You may also consider the 3M bra.
Look for more information on this topic by using Search mode.

Thrust me, I know what I'm writing!

Overhere we drive half the year on salty and sandy roads.
And in the summertime we got (up north in Lapland) so many bugs that after an hours ride the front end of the car is black of bugs, yak!
Old 07-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Best thing is to keep the car waxed regularly ~ the bugs come off easily.

I also suggest keeping a bottle of Meguiar's quick detailer & a microfibre cloth in the car at aII times.

If you wipe the bugs off with quick detailer immediately (after stopping the car of course) before they harden & damage the paint, it will take 30 effortless seconds.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

If you have really hard to remove bug use Meguiars bug and tar remover, it works great