E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Brand New Car and Problems are Starting

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a new 2006 bMW 525i, and it only has 1200 miles and I am getting all kinds of warning signs.

First, I get a little explaination mark in triangel right next to where it Displays (P,R,D,SD) etc..

Then I get a warning saying " Power windows adjust fix" With BIG EXPlaination mark.

I am taking this to my dealer, but WTF is this ?

Ben
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

FIrst of all, Welcome.

Now tell us some more, car, specs (signature), location (in profile) - at least country or continent if u are shy.

You may need to do the Window Anti-trap reset operation, which I don't know off the top of my head as I have never had to do it. It's in the manual under WINDOWS or Anti-Trapping Mechanism. Once that is done we can work on the rest of it.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='200087' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:50 AM
FIrst of all, Welcome.

Now tell us some more, car, specs (signature), location (in profile) - at least country or continent if u are shy.

You may need to do the Window Anti-trap reset operation, which I don't know off the top of my head as I have never had to do it. It's in the manual under WINDOWS or Anti-Trapping Mechanism. Once that is done we can work on the rest of it.

I am in US.. I dont know when the car was built, but its 2006 525i w/ Sports pack, premiume, xenone, and rear shade. Black Color, Auburn Leather and Steptronic Engine.

But what does Anti-trap mean ?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Benchod' post='200091
FIrst of all, Welcome.

I am in US.. I dont know when the car was built, but its 2006 525i w/ Sports pack, premiume, xenone, and rear shade. Black Color, Auburn Leather and Steptronic Engine.

[/quote]
Prevents arms and legs (well perhaps childrens legs) from getting trapped (pinched) when the windows are closed.
Common problem on the E60 and E63 platforms. If the reset does not handle it then some have had to have window motors replaced or other repair efforts.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Benchod' post='200091
FIrst of all, Welcome.

[/quote]

Welcome to this great Forum Benchod,

You'll find the answers to most of your questions by using the "Search" mode on this site!

Your problem is a dealer thing, take your car there first thing...
I'm sure they get your problems sorted out!

And please, fill in your signature.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Oooo! Don't get upset these are trivial, I had the same reaction when I had problems but everyone has different tolerance levels for this.

And please don't mind me for saying this but your signon name is a very bad curse word if you speak Hindi.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545, nav, sport, PP, cold weather

dont know if the fix is like the audi, but just hold the up button for 10 seconds after the window is closed. problem fixed [ atleast for audi]
Old 11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Welcome to the forum. Take your car to the dealer and let them check it out. Plz update your signature.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benchod' post='200084' date='Nov 18 2005, 10:43 AM
I just got a new 2006 bMW 525i, and it only has 1200 miles and I am getting all kinds of warning signs.

First, I get a little explaination mark in triangel right next to where it Displays (P,R,D,SD) etc..

Then I get a warning saying " Power windows adjust fix" With BIG EXPlaination mark.

Ben
Ben,

Try this:
Fix it by rolling the window all the way to the top, release the switch, pull the switch again to make it go up further although it can't. This fix this warning messsage.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Benchod' post='200084' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:43 AM

Ben
About the triangle, your DSC (dynamic stability control) or DTC (dynamic traction control) may be deactivated. Push the DSC button, and see what happens. For now, you don't want to deactivate either.

Quick Reply: Brand New Car and Problems are Starting