E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Brand New 535d M Sport - Minor Problems but irritating!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Hi Guys,

Have a brand new 06 reg 535d M Sport riding on the spider style 19"'s - I have noticed that when I am travelling on the motorway at around 70-80MPH the font passenger seat vibrates! I can't feel anything in the steering it's just the seat :'(

Also I've noticed that if I lower the front passenger side window even by about 1cm I can feel a cold air draft coming through the the power window switches ok ok you probably thinking how I even noticed that but I just had my hand near the switch and felt cold air coming through - when I shut the window there is nothing

Also this morning my Idrive screen rebooted it self - when it came back on it asked if I want to continue my route guidance - my old setting were still there including previous routes, radio stations etc

I have my car booked in at the stealers on Saturday morning but just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything like this - especially on a new car :thumbsdown:
Old 08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

My passerger seat also vibrates. Never happened with the sports seats, the comfort seat back vibrates by 1/2 inch or so.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Members

Both my E60s with comfort seats have a tendency for the passengers seat to vibrate, its worse if the seat belt clip is between the seat and the B pillar.

Not good, but I don't think it happens all the time just on certain road surfaces.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Guys, I had a similar problem with my driver comfort seat last year. BMW changed the seat rails and problem was solved.

With regards to the air coming through the power switches, seems like you need new window seals...
Old 08-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='317744' date='Aug 1 2006, 09:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Have a brand new 06 reg 535d M Sport riding on the spider style 19"'s - I have noticed that when I am travelling on the motorway at around 70-80MPH the font passenger seat vibrates! I can't feel anything in the steering it's just the seat :'(

Also I've noticed that if I lower the front passenger side window even by about 1cm I can feel a cold air draft coming through the the power window switches ok ok you probably thinking how I even noticed that but I just had my hand near the switch and felt cold air coming through - when I shut the window there is nothing

Also this morning my Idrive screen rebooted it self - when it came back on it asked if I want to continue my route guidance - my old setting were still there including previous routes, radio stations etc

I have my car booked in at the stealers on Saturday morning but just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything like this - especially on a new car :thumbsdown:
Sorry for your niggles.

But on the nav point - surely you want it to retain your old route data - if it didn't do this, when you stopped for petrol or whatever en-route you would need to re-program the destination each time.

My tomtom 5 has this feature - unfortunately the old software didn't and it was a pain in the arse.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='317744' date='Aug 1 2006, 09:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Seat vibration: nothing like this - and mine is a Touring (so inherently less rigid). Perhaps a loose bolt in the seat guides?

Window draught: I can't say I have noticed it, but air pressure travels in funny ways - car doors are not totally sealed to avoid condensation problems, and if you get some negative pressure at the edge of the window, some air may decide to travel up the grab handle... I don't think there is something wrong if when the window is shut there is no draught.

Idrive should not reboot by itself - but if the Nav thought you had not reached your destination it would ask you to confirm whether you wanted to continue guidance any time you restart the car, so I guess this is not totally out of kilter. How did you know it was rebooting? Having a blank screen + a BMW screen for a few seconds every time you restart the car is normal.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Cheers Guys.

I have the sport seats not the comfort ones so not sure if this is normal.

I forgot to mention that the Idrive rebooted it self whilst I was driving - everything went off - the cd playing went off, the screen went blank and came back on after about a minute and the cd started from where it left off
Old 08-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='318027' date='Aug 2 2006, 11:25 AM
Cheers Guys.

I have the sport seats not the comfort ones so not sure if this is normal.

I forgot to mention that the Idrive rebooted it self whilst I was driving - everything went off - the cd playing went off, the screen went blank and came back on after about a minute and the cd started from where it left off
I have sport seats too. Not a trace of noise (mind you, with a child screaming and a dog panting, I'm not sure I'd hear too much short of an earthquake, but I'll try to listen carefully next time I'm on my own).

The iDrive thing sounds like a glitch - but if it happens again, it's off to the dealer, I think! The damn thing controls too much to simply say "I'll cope without it". AFAIK the only way of rebooting it short of switching off the car is to press the two eject buttons (CD + DVD) and the power/volume knob at the same time, so it's not something that you are likely to have done on the move...

D
Old 08-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Members

My 535d has a vibration from the passenger seat - only sometimes, but it is annoying - cant be bothered to get it looked at as they will probably introduce more rattles when the fiddle about with it.

I do also get the rattle from the passenger seat belt if it has not been replaced properly after use - easily sorted.

Never noticed a draft through my window buttons.....

iDrive seems an unstable bit of kit - never had a reboot like that, but it does lock down sometimes and takes ages to respond at others. Also have a problem (well known I think) about iDrive not shutting down (inc radio) when my phone has been in use - particularly if I leave it in the armrest holder - usually requires me to turn off the phone or walk out of range of the bluetooth for it all to shut down.

Other than that, what a great motor - get it remapped at DMS and you will be sorted!

Good luck and enjoy
Old 08-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Members

Oh Boy yes I do agree it's one hell of a motor -

Not sure I want to do the DMS Remap as yet though - Maybe once I hit the 10K mark - it's bleedin so powerful as it is

Brings a Smile to my face and does make me take the longer route home - and when I do a 90 day return trip everyday and still want to take a longer route - that say's a lot

Just a few niggles which I hope are sorted this weekend!

Quick Reply: Brand New 535d M Sport - Minor Problems but irritating!