E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

braking problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:25 AM
abs
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 530d has i feel developed a braking fault.

the other dat when i was cornering at about 30mph albeit on a moderately wet road the car went totally out of control and i zizzaged across two lanes before i could bring the car under control. this was followed up on the next day in dry conditons. here i was doing about 60 mph on a straight A road. when i pressed the brake button the car veered quite forcibly to the left.

surely this is not right. I have spoken to my dealer who says that there is nothing wrong and that it was probably just the road conditons. they would not even look at the car.

can anyone help as i am a bit apprehensive to drive my car in wet conditons
Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

Have you checked your tyre pressure lately? Otherwise could be a whole host of other factors; the road could be badly worn or during the wet, you could have hit a patch of water causing aquaplaning.

Also, do check your tyre threads and see if there is uneven wear, etc. One last thing; have you actually changed only one tyre recently or done tyre rotation? This could also contribute to the problems you're experiencing.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:20 AM
abs
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Oct 20 2005, 11:14 AM
Have you checked your tyre pressure lately?? Otherwise could be a whole host of other factors; the road could be badly worn or during the wet, you could have hit a patch of water causing aquaplaning.

Also, do check your tyre threads and see if there is uneven wear, etc.? One last thing; have you actually changed only one tyre recently or done tyre rotation?? This could also contribute to the problems you're experiencing.
[snapback]186476[/snapback]

thanks edlle the tyres are the one which came with the car. have done nothing to them. must admit have never checked tyre pressure, will do so. one point which i have not mentioned is that the brakes squeak. maybe this has something to do with it
Old 10-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

I do have squeaky brakes also. However, trhe dealer checked them and narrowed down to only one disc which will have to be cleaned when I next send the car in for servicing.

Since you mentioned brakes, one of the reasons for your bad experience could be that your brakes are not run in (bedded in) properly.

I would insist my dealer give the car a good going over. Never procrestinate when it comes to brakes and tyres!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I also have I problem with my wide tires.

The roads are overhere so badly worn, do to winter spike tires and really heavy trucks, that the steering almost throws the car sideways, espesially while braking.

245:s are too wide overhere?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Tourer - E34 M5 Race Car

Originally Posted by abs' date='Oct 20 2005, 10:25 AM
my 530d has i feel developed a braking fault.

the other dat when i was cornering at about 30mph albeit on a moderately wet road the car went totally out of control and i zizzaged across two lanes before i could bring the car under control. this was followed up on the next day in dry conditons.? here i was doing about 60 mph on a straight A road. when i pressed the brake button the car veered quite forcibly to the left.

surely this is not right. I have spoken to my dealer who says that there is nothing wrong and that it was probably just the road conditons. they would not even look at the car.

can anyone help as i am a bit apprehensive to drive my car in wet conditons
[snapback]186456[/snapback]
I suggest that you call the dealer back and let them know that if you have an accident and the brakes / traction control are found to be faulty, BMW nor the courts would look very kindly on their refusal to even look at the car after you have raised a braking issue.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by abs' date='Oct 20 2005, 04:25 AM

[snapback]186456[/snapback]
Take the car back to your dealer and demand they look at it. Never be fobbed off by a dealer where saftey is concerned.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:10 AM
abs
Members

THANKS GUYS IM GONNA GO BACK TO THE DEALER AND CREATE A SCENE IF THE MATTER IS NOT LOOKED AT
Old 10-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by abs' date='Oct 20 2005, 04:10 PM
THANKS GUYS IM GONNA GO BACK TO THE DEALER AND CREATE A SCENE IF THE MATTER IS NOT LOOKED AT
[snapback]186535[/snapback]

Please look up this tread also:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17224
Old 10-20-2005, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Yeah, stupid dealer. When you pay for an expensive car you want them to check it out if somethings strange with you car. Anyone who has a perfect dealer?? I don't!!!

Quick Reply: braking problem