E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BONG!!! Malfunction!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here she is going to the dealer. The dealer adviced me not to punish her any more and send it them.

She is getting ready to go to the dealer while the dealer sent me a monte carlo with an interior as dirty as you can think of
Attached Thumbnails BONG!!! Malfunction!-06_23_06_1340.jpg   BONG!!! Malfunction!-06_23_06_1341.jpg  
Old 06-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='302096' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:51 PM
Here she is going to the dealer. The dealer adviced me not to punish her any more and send it them.

She is getting ready to go to the dealer while the dealer sent me a monte carlo with an interior as dirty as you can think of
Holy cow you got your flatbedded / towed to the dealer? You couldn't drive it to the dealer?

My dealer says it will take up to 4 weeks for this part to come in and I can still drive the vehicle so I took it back, but I am now thinking maybe it's safer I get put in a loaner car (at least a decent one) if you are really not supposed to drive the car.

I am dissappointed overall. How can we be without our cars for up to 4 weeks? Let along a couple of days?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525I fully loaded
Happened to mine last weekend. Took it to dealer on monday got it back tue.. The fresno dealership is the best.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Final Update:

Well, they got a priority part shipment last week and my baby is finally back in my hands. I also got it full-detailed so my baby is looking sharp!
Anyway, my SA and Sales guy really helped make it a less painful experience. The part was supposed to ship June 28th, but they got it priority 1; plus two different loaners (X3 and 325 convertable)...kudos to McKenna. Well, that concludes this episode...hopefully you guys dont have to wait as long as I did. laters...hopefully Ill see ya at the next SoCal meet.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

I just got the DD error in iDrive too - bad steering angle sensor. The ironic thing is I laughed at my friend, the day before, who has a new CLS500 because his steering angle sensor went bad a few weeks after delivery - I guess it's karma! Took the car in last Friday and hoping for delivery today. They told me they are updating all the software to the latest CIP version. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with that.

As far as dealer service goes, at first they were not going to give me a loaner car. Advisor told me that I needed to give them two weeks notice to get a loaner, to which I replied, "If I knew my new car was going to malfunction two weeks ago, I would have scheduled the appointment at that time." Anyway, then he tells me that the on-site Enterprise rental car people can rent me a car. The dealer would pay the first day and that I would be responsible for everyday after that @ $35.00 per day. I told them it was unacceptable and that I was upset at the service I was getting. Somehow, an X5 loaner car became suddenly available. It's unfortunate that I had to go through this "dance" just to get a loaner car and it's unfortunate that whoever drove the car before me smoked cigars in it - some people are rude especially when the car does not belong to them. Last thing, since the car was in for service, I let the advisor know of several warranty issues I wanted addressed, i.e. squealing brakes, squeaky door sills, etc. His response was the longer the list the longer I would be without the car...WTF? I had to let him know that I did not want to bring my car back at a later time for this issues and had to insist that they be put on the work order. I know this is not the average dealer encounter...just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for listening.

As always, this forum is the best!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='303937' date='Jun 27 2006, 09:55 AM
The dealer would pay the first day and that I would be responsible for everyday after that @ $35.00 per day. I told them it was unacceptable and that I was upset at the service I was getting.
You must be pooping us... the dealer threatened to CHARGE you for a rental car past the first day for a warrantied service issue? Unbelievable. Isn't this illegal?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='303937' date='Jun 27 2006, 09:55 AM
I know this is not the average dealer encounter...just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for listening.

As always, this forum is the best!
Please do tell who the dealership is so that I will avoid taking my car there. If it's more appropriate to tell me in private, please PM me the information. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I don't know if my problem is the same as the rest of yours. I am getting the big triangle warning and on top of it "brake". The DSC now does nothing when I attempt to turn it off. I am getting a warning on the i-drive to drive conservatively. The part is backordered, and it could be a few weeks I am told.

I was wondering if there was a problem with my DSC when I found intermitently that I was unable to freely spin the tires after turning DSC off and putting the Step in sport mode and flooring it.

I'd like to get this resolved soon, as my wife drives this car when I use her SUV.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by darkside' post='304282' date='Jun 27 2006, 08:23 PM
I don't know if my problem is the same as the rest of yours. I am getting the big triangle warning and on top of it "brake". The DSC now does nothing when I attempt to turn it off. I am getting a warning on the i-drive to drive conservatively. The part is backordered, and it could be a few weeks I am told.

I was wondering if there was a problem with my DSC when I found intermitently that I was unable to freely spin the tires after turning DSC off and putting the Step in sport mode and flooring it.

I'd like to get this resolved soon, as my wife drives this car when I use her SUV.
I think it is the same problem. I got my today. But guess what? I think the dealer forgot to connect the button to adjust the steering wheel. Oh no..oh no..i am not going back to the dealer..i can live without that button.

Hey ..to the dealer. Finally they washed it the right way..they did a nice job on my wheels
Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

Originally Posted by Merzbow' post='304233' date='Jun 27 2006, 06:10 PM
You must be pooping us... the dealer threatened to CHARGE you for a rental car past the first day for a warrantied service issue? Unbelievable. Isn't this illegal?
Don't know if it is illegal, but he tried to ream me with it...the sad part is, had my wife taken the car to the dealer, she may have agreed to it, not knowing any better!