E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BONG!!! Malfunction!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='298386' date='Jun 16 2006, 07:16 AM
i did not get any answer whether it is save or not to drive under such condition with the BONG!!!! bug. I getting ready to go to the dealer now..
I would think that it would be as safe as driving without sway bars. Just don't drive fast and take turns easy and you should be okay. Just ask any serious off roader what it's like.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Lol, I was plagued by this exact same problem also. DD failure, cause was some kind of steering wheel issue that required a part replacement.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Members

My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

Yipee! I'm headed to the dealer to get my car. It only took half a day to fix.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='298432' date='Jun 16 2006, 07:25 AM
I would think that it would be as safe as driving without sway bars. Just don't drive fast and take turns easy and you should be okay. Just ask any serious off roader what it's like.

When I went to the dealer and they checked, same problem as many, they dont have the part. They want to give me a rental because they ran out of BMW. I told them, if it was okay for me to drive in such a condition, they said the same. Yes. He mentioned the only time it is not safe to drive, with that bug in the car, is when it is raining or snowig.

I dont know about yours, but my steering feel much different. Hard some times.

I am driving like 70% of my time. Very cautious.

She is going back when they get the part next week.

Thanks to all.

hmm..it is me or every one feels the same. With that bug my car is using more gas?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' post='298558' date='Jun 16 2006, 11:33 AM
Lol, I was plagued by this exact same problem also. DD failure, cause was some kind of steering wheel issue that required a part replacement.
The same thing they told me.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Well folks an update. My car is still at the dealer. The SA told me the part is on National back order; because they need the module that supports the heated steering wheel. Its been about 1.5 weeks...Im getting tired of the X3 loaner...Im getting tired of not having my car...Im tired of a $65K car doing this!!!! Maybe Im just tired. Anyway, Ill let you know what happens....
Old 06-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i 6-Speed Manual, Jet Black, Sport Package, Navi, Premium Package, 15% Tint, B&B Exhaust, 20" Black Rims with Polish Lip

Originally Posted by IndianGoneMAD' post='298599' date='Jun 16 2006, 12:09 PM
Well folks an update. My car is still at the dealer. The SA told me the part is on National back order; because they need the module that supports the heated steering wheel. Its been about 1.5 weeks...Im getting tired of the X3 loaner...Im getting tired of not having my car...Im tired of a $65K car doing this!!!! Maybe Im just tired. Anyway, Ill let you know what happens....
im with u mann but instead i have a shitty dodge neon for rental ... i brought it in wednesday(6/14) and my SA said its on backorder.... it can take up to 2 weeks...
Old 06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Contributors

They offered me a loaner..but this time something from enterprise.. i did not complaint or anything but asked the technician if it was okay to drive the car like that. He said yes as long that i dont drive while raining or snowing.

He said nevertheless it is good to change the part asap. They are getting the part next week. I am still driving my car but with cautions.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Today just got another gift:

do you guys think i can driver 20 more miles? I have so much work, taking a day off to handle my car problem is like taking a year off.

20 miles =

10 miles for my wednesday round trip commute to work
+
10 miles for my thursday round trip commute to work

===
20 miles

They will have to pick up my car. My dealer is about 35 miles and very zip/zap. ( i love those zips/zaps but not in the conditon my car is in)
Attached Thumbnails BONG!!! Malfunction!-06_20_06_1813.jpg   BONG!!! Malfunction!-06_20_06_1812.jpg  
Old 06-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Update #3:

Called my SA the other day and said that Im not happy with the X3, so need another type of loaner. He said no problem, when one come in he will call me and I can switch. So he calls yesterday. They finally got some info on the part Im waiting for, release date is June 28th!!! :thumbsdown: Anyway, what can you do....right?!?!
But what he does is pull a 325Ci convertable for me as a loaner...kinda kool..I would never buy one, but its kool for the next week or so; way better feel than the X3, underpowered, but OK....
Will be cruising with the top-down on P.C.H. this weekend...honk if you see me...I will be the ones with the "McKenna Courtesy Vehicle" stickers on the sides...laters.