E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BONG!!! Malfunction!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav
Smile

So I get this bong, bong, bong; after I get back in my car from a quick trip to Trader Joe's. Mind you my car was born last Sept, so I wasnt expecting it. And there in the middle of the dash a big, fat '!' Anyway, the warning messages said Dynamic Drive Malfunction, drive moderately. So I take it to the dealer and its been there for a week so far...the part is on national back order, because of my heated steering. Crap....anyway, thus is life. I did get a f'in loaner though...its an X3...kinda sucks and a definite downgrade.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Members

Just got mine back from BMW for the same thing yesterday.

No back order - the part came in 2 days and installed in 1.

Everything back working now.

Kirk
Old 06-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

My e60 was in the dealer for the same problem. No back order, I got it back in 3 days. I went to New Century BMW.

You are lucky that you get a X3. I didn't want to wait for a loaner, so they give me a rental, it was a Ghevrolet (Shitty) Impala.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Contributors

06/13
i think it is the new trend..that symbol visited my car about2 weeks ago and today. Tomorrow me calling the dealer.

06/14
She(BONG Malfunction!) came back againt this morning. i am taking her to the dealer..I hope she is with me on Saturday. A girl asked me for a date. Can you believe that? oh well, the best part is she does not know what I drive so dont come with your idea that she likes the cage and not the personalityh of the bird
Old 06-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Back again,

I called the dealer and my car is scheduled for tomorrow.

I wonder what the rest thing but I think that after that problem it feels as:
1) My steering wheel is heavier. As if something got disable. (stevtronic --- spell it for me please)
2) my sport pkg does not kick on very tight corner.
3) no brainer, my dsc is not working.

Please post. I want o learn more. But I will most definitely will ask the dealer if anything got disable. Oh yes, I know, when i go to the dealer i over ask question. Hey what else can i do?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Members

It happened to me too. Dont know what it is but it got fixed in 2 days. This is my first BMW, and it has been a very pleasant experience. I have had numerous areas of creeks and rattles. iDrive died on me after little over a month. Im just crossing my fingers and hopefully nothing else happens.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nubi-mer' post='298207' date='Jun 15 2006, 09:29 PM
It happened to me too. Dont know what it is but it got fixed in 2 days. This is my first BMW, and it has been a very pleasant experience. I have had numerous areas of creeks and rattles. iDrive died on me after little over a month. Im just crossing my fingers and hopefully nothing else happens.
Oh man, i was thinking it could be fixed in a day. I hope they dont tell me to go back again. I have to take a day off each time I need to take the car to the dealer. The dealer is like 1 hour away from work. I wonder if i can drive it like that for 2 more days?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IndianGoneMAD' post='296928' date='Jun 13 2006, 10:47 AM
So I get this bong, bong, bong; after I get back in my car from a quick trip to Trader Joe's. Mind you my car was born last Sept, so I wasnt expecting it. And there in the middle of the dash a big, fat '!'
Okay... I hope it's not just me with the sophomoric sense of humor but with the title and the first few lines I thought we were going in a different direction...

Do any of you have AS or is this just with the standard steering and sport package?
Old 06-16-2006, 03:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='298228' date='Jun 15 2006, 11:05 PM
Okay... I hope it's not just me with the sophomoric sense of humor but with the title and the first few lines I thought we were going in a different direction...

Do any of you have AS or is this just with the standard steering and sport package?
I dont have A/S but I "stevtronic" (oh oh..there i go away with the mispell). Anyway, too late, i did not get any answer whether it is save or not to drive under such condition with the BONG!!!! bug. I getting ready to go to the dealer now..
Old 06-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Members

My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

As you have noticed by now this is a very common problem with the MY06 builds. Mine is in the shop waiting for a repair also. My SA said that it only takes a couple of hours to fix but the part is on back order. My SA said that they are only getting about 3-5 steering wheel position sensors a day. Looks like I won't be driving my baby for Father's Day.