E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bodywork Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Merry Christmas All

Whilst cleaning my E60 yesterday we noticed imperfections in the paint, upon further inspection it appears to have had some bodywork repair, You can determine the masking lines. I bought from an official BMW dealer.

Have any of you noticed anything like that when you have bought used and what did you do?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by forge197' post='215441' date='Dec 25 2005, 07:26 AM
Merry Christmas All

Whilst cleaning my E60 yesterday we noticed imperfections in the paint, upon further inspection it appears to have had some bodywork repair, You can determine the masking lines. I bought from an official BMW dealer.

Have any of you noticed anything like that when you have bought used and what did you do?

Thanks
Sorry for adding it twice
Old 12-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by forge197' post='215441' date='Dec 25 2005, 02:26 AM
Merry Christmas All

Thanks
Do you mean to get it repaired or in relation to the dealer? I assume the latter. There is not really anything you can do unless you were quaranteed that the car was body-work free. And, without a witness there is not much you can do if guaranteed only verbally. No matter what, though, you could talk to the dealer and complain up the line, both within and outside the dealership, if you think you were guaranteed a body-work free car. Still, with no guarantee, it was your responsibility to inspect the car before buying.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by forge197' post='215441' date='Dec 25 2005, 02:26 AM
Merry Christmas All

Thanks
Maybe you bought my returned E60 525 mystic blue. I had to repaint the underneath front bumper once. Actually..the job was superb. (Just kidding, i know you are not in USA)
Old 12-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Members

I asked the dealer prior to purchase if it has any accident damage and the answer was no only witness to that is my wife in the UK there is a Sales of Good Act where goods must be as described I bought on the pretence that it was accident free.

It's a BMW Approved Used Car from a BMW dealer it shouldn't have visible accident repair work. I will see what they say when they reopen after the Xmas Break.

You wouldn't expect this from a BMW dealer and as an Approved Used Car, and it came to light as I was Klaying the car and that is very hands on job normal cleaning would not have noticed it at all. Just the finish is clearly different when you run you hands over it when checking while Klaying the car is smooth that is how I noticed a generally look over would not have highlighed the issue's.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by forge197' post='215534' date='Dec 25 2005, 03:29 PM
I asked the dealer prior to purchase if it has any accident damage and the answer was no only witness to that is my wife in the UK there is a Sales of Good Act where goods must be as described I bought on the pretence that it was accident free.

It's a BMW Approved Used Car from a BMW dealer it shouldn't have visible accident repair work. I will see what they say when they reopen after the Xmas Break.

You wouldn't expect this from a BMW dealer and as an Approved Used Car, and it came to light as I was Klaying the car and that is very hands on job normal cleaning would not have noticed it at all. Just the finish is clearly different when you run you hands over it when checking while Klaying the car is smooth that is how I noticed a generally look over would not have highlighed the issue's.
It sounds like the news is pretty good. Check your sales contract to see what it says especially about the things, related to the "Sales of Goods Act," that have been promised to you about the car's condition. If the repair work would be clearly visible to one with, say, "average" observational skills, then you may be able to get the area, or even a larger area, repainted or may be able to return the car.