E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW is replacing my CCC main computer ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 2 weeks of having my car the dealer finaly figured that my car needed a new (CCC) which i was told my by SA that is the main computer. They are awaiting approval from bmw to swap it since it is a $3k part and needs approval from bmw to swap it out.. i also verified this with a friend of a friend who is actually a bmw tech. just to very my SA story and make sure he wasn't playing me again with another tdelay tactic to get my car back.

The problem with the car was that it had the triangle light on and they couldnt figure out how to turn it off and also had the driving assist message "drive carefully". My sa said they orderd a couple parts and replaced them but according to the tech it didnt solve the problem. then they tried some software upgrades and according to him they were not posible because the system crashed twice. so finaly they have decided just to give it a new brain. I dont know much about this so im wondering has anyones ccc been replaced and what are the after effects of it.. im not sure if my car will be ok or will it become a problem child all of a sudden.

On the bright side is there anything i should be about?
now i dont have blue tooth i told the SA can he tell the tech to put it in now if possible... he told me he didnt know if the ccc was the module for that.. anything u guys can chime in on id appriciate it. like questions i should ask or concerns i should have.

ps ,
ohh yeah i can't stand the 328i they have given me as a loaner... No active stearing sucks!!! i have stopped going to the gym because i work our my bi's and tri's driving this car.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='479633' date='Oct 9 2007, 03:46 PM
After 2 weeks of having my car the dealer finaly figured that my car needed a new (CCC) which i was told my by SA that is the main computer. They are awaiting approval from bmw to swap it since it is a $3k part and needs approval from bmw to swap it out.. i also verified this with a friend of a friend who is actually a bmw tech. just to very my SA story and make sure he wasn't playing me again with another tdelay tactic to get my car back.

The problem with the car was that it had the triangle light on and they couldnt figure out how to turn it off and also had the driving assist message "drive carefully". My sa said they orderd a couple parts and replaced them but according to the tech it didnt solve the problem. then they tried some software upgrades and according to him they were not posible because the system crashed twice. so finaly they have decided just to give it a new brain. I dont know much about this so im wondering has anyones ccc been replaced and what are the after effects of it.. im not sure if my car will be ok or will it become a problem child all of a sudden.

now i dont have blue tooth i told the SA can he tell the tech to put it in now if possible... he told me he didnt know if the ccc was the module for that.. anything u guys can chime in on id appriciate it. like questions i should ask or concerns i should have.

ps ,
ohh yeah i can't stand the 328i they have given me as a loaner... No active stearing sucks!!! i have stopped going to the gym because i work our my bi's and tri's driving this car.
And what kind of car do you have. Go into "my controls" and signature and indicate what you drive so others can respond to you.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='479633
ps ,
that's all I do half the time anyway, bi's and tri's, so maybe I'll just drive the 3er instead
Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='479654' date='Oct 9 2007, 05:19 PM
And what kind of car do you have. Go into "my controls" and signature and indicate what you drive so others can respond to you.
Hey, be nice. The guy lists his car and all his mods in the sig.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='479633' date='Oct 9 2007, 10:46 PM
After 2 weeks of having my car the dealer finaly figured that my car needed a new (CCC) which i was told my by SA that is the main computer. They are awaiting approval from bmw to swap it since it is a $3k part and needs approval from bmw to swap it out.

Just got back from a second CCC replacement.
Apparently, the cost over here - France- is 800 Euros without tax; I assume that's somewhat cheaper than the 3k$ you report ?

Regarding the BT question: yu should find easily a topic fully detailed by Rudy regarding BT upgrade and retrofit even with a BMW SA Bulletin explaining which car can or cannot be upgraded only with software upgarde (I cannot input the link, as I don't remember it exactly, but if you do a search for "BT retrofit", you should be able to find your way). The BT availability depends on the TCU unit (and sadly not the CCC) you have... The TCU unit is located in the trunk..

Good luck with your new CCC ! Good news is you'l get a fully updated CIP progman !
Old 10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by copello' post='479712' date='Oct 9 2007, 09:15 PM
Just got back from a second CCC replacement.
Apparently, the cost over here - France- is 800 Euros without tax; I assume that's somewhat cheaper than the 3k$ you report ?

Regarding the BT question: yu should find easily a topic fully detailed by Rudy regarding BT upgrade and retrofit even with a BMW SA Bulletin explaining which car can or cannot be upgraded only with software upgarde (I cannot input the link, as I don't remember it exactly, but if you do a search for "BT retrofit", you should be able to find your way). The BT availability depends on the TCU unit (and sadly not the CCC) you have... The TCU unit is located in the trunk..

Good luck with your new CCC ! Good news is you'l get a fully updated CIP progman !

thanks yes i have since found out that it's the TCU i need so i gues the CCC wont get me BT.. ohh well atleast i hope to notice some differences in the new cip progman. i beleiev my car was running on a very old 1.. my Nav dvd kept spinning while the car was off and key out of the ignition.. i read somewhere here that cars doing that were on an old version... so we'll see.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 535xi, White/Black, Premium, Cold Weather, Navi, Logic 7, iPod USB

anyone has any idea if the cpu used for idrive is the same among different models in different countries?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ansetou' post='479979' date='Oct 10 2007, 05:36 PM
anyone has any idea if the cpu used for idrive is the same among different models in different countries?
I am pretty sure that the CPU in the new LCI CCC is the same no matter what country you are in. But iDrive can be of course either M-ASK or CCC.