E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW North America..and some engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Hello guys, long story short.. my car was in for some noise. last monday.. so on thursday I drove by the dealer, because the Tech is saying he couldn't duplicate the noise, so I go inside the shop turn on the car and show him the noise, so he heard the noise..
told the S.A it does have a problem

My car is an 04 cpo.. but after having my car there probably like 5 times in the past for the same issue.. they either told me that it was normal, couldnt duplicate the noise or any other BS.

on friday my S.A called me and he said that I had a problem whit the transmission ( I need it a new one) so I thoght woow good deal.
now today I call him and he told me that when they took the trany down they found that the flywheel has some play.. that probably could be the cause.. so the S.A tells me that is not covered under CPO. I had to pay, I said NO way man I have a lot of papers proving that I had that noise before and you guys always told me it was normal. he said let me check with the service manager and see if we do it without charging you because you do have the claims..

so I spoke to him today and he is saying that now the foreman is telling the tech what did he do to order the parts, because he was going to replaced the clutch and the tranny and how did he manage to get BMW to sent him the parts and they are not even sure if those parts are going to work, sorry guys I know its kind of complicated to understand.. but I couldn;t understand my S.A very well either.. so I ask him what if the foreman keeps saying that the noise is normal, then he said that I need it to do an apponitnment with some BMW engenire or something from BMW North America, meet at the dealer and proved to him the noise..

so I told him you know what tomorrow I am going to stop by and talk to that guy the foreman, I was so pissed, but he said that it was kind of hard because the tranny is down, so there is no way of listening to the god dam thing..

any opinions I know is to complicated, what could be the worst case scenario
have my car back and calling Bmw North America..
??
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your local dealership needs to get its shit together.

It isn't your job to show them the noise again. You already had them say there is an issue(basically the noise shouldn't be there). Service Agent sounds like a real pain. I think I'd just show up over there and talk to the guy in charge. Explain your frustration and then I'm sure he'll call in the SA and Foreman. Between all them they should get it taking care of.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='784328' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:06 PM

It isn't your job to show them the noise again. You already had them say there is an issue(basically the noise shouldn't be there). Service Agent sounds like a real pain. I think I'd just show up over there and talk to the guy in charge. Explain your frustration and then I'm sure he'll call in the SA and Foreman. Between all them they should get it taking care of.
thanks man, thats what it is right now freaking frustration, first transmission,then clutch, then flywheel, then transmission is ok but does have some noises, then why transmission if maybe thats not the problem, then the foreman asking the tech why did he order those parts if the transmission is not the problem and is ok. so yeah you might be right but I went last week and showed them the noise, they said that back in december the foreman signed saying it was a normal noise now he said the same thing.. service manager told S.A that it was fine to replaced all parts, but it was kind of weird that tranny and cluth both had damage.. so don't know what to do. if just wait or just show up.. I told S.A im gonna call the foreman and ask him to bring me the same car and prove me the noise is normal.. but response was that its not possible transmission is down I have to wait to see what the tech and foreman decide to do
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='784328' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:06 PM

+1 It's always a good idea to get the shop manager involved...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

It's a bummer, but I think the clutch and flywheel are excluded from the CPO warranty.

That said, if you didn't receive a quote, they cannot charge you anything, although they can put the transmission back into the car sans repair.

Please proofread your work before you post. It was difficult to understand what was going on with all your typos.

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='784315' date='Feb 3 2009, 01:51 PM
Hello guys, long story short.. my car was in for some noise. last monday.. so on thursday I drove by the dealer, because the Tech is saying he couldn't duplicate the noise, so I go inside the shop turn on the car and show him the noise, so he heard the noise..
told the S.A it does have a problem

My car is an 04 cpo.. but after having my car there probably like 5 times in the past for the same issue.. they either told me that it was normal, couldnt duplicate the noise or any other BS.

on friday my S.A called me and he said that I had a problem whit the transmission ( I need it a new one) so I thoght woow good deal.
now today I call him and he told me that when they took the trany down they found that the flywheel has some play.. that probably could be the cause.. so the S.A tells me that is not covered under CPO. I had to pay, I said NO way man I have a lot of papers proving that I had that noise before and you guys always told me it was normal. he said let me check with the service manager and see if we do it without charging you because you do have the claims..

so I spoke to him today and he is saying that now the foreman is telling the tech what did he do to order the parts, because he was going to replaced the clutch and the tranny and how did he manage to get BMW to sent him the parts and they are not even sure if those parts are going to work, sorry guys I know its kind of complicated to understand.. but I couldn;t understand my S.A very well either.. so I ask him what if the foreman keeps saying that the noise is normal, then he said that I need it to do an apponitnment with some BMW engenire or something from BMW North America, meet at the dealer and proved to him the noise..

so I told him you know what tomorrow I am going to stop by and talk to that guy the foreman, I was so pissed, but he said that it was kind of hard because the tranny is down, so there is no way of listening to the god dam thing..

any opinions I know is to complicated, what could be the worst case scenario
have my car back and calling Bmw North America..
??
Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Members

which dealership in Dallas?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robert A' post='784459' date='Feb 3 2009, 08:02 PM
It's a bummer, but I think the clutch and flywheel are excluded from the CPO warranty.

That said, if you didn't receive a quote, they cannot charge you anything, although they can put the transmission back into the car sans repair.

Please proofread your work before you post. It was difficult to understand what was going on with all your typos.
sorry man I had a hard time understanding my S.A also.. but let me explained it again-

the car had original warranty last year.. the car was in for the same noise when I had my warranty - they always told me it was a normal noise-- right now I know my warranty is gone and the cpo don't cover clutch or tear and wear items.. but this is one complaint I did on my original 50k/4 year warranty--

cust rep...engine rattles when turning the engine off, cluth rattles when engine shuts off...spoke with foreman and there is nothing that can be done about this, if you hold the clutch in when shutting off the noise dissapears, caused by the clutch pedal connection is rattling under the hood.. normal operation--

at that time I remember speaking to the shop foreman he told me it was normal but that thing about presing the clutch is BS---
this time they told me the same thing, tech could not duplicate the noise, so I went to the dealer and showed the tech the noise.. then all this BS started...

on december I left the car for an oil change and also complained about it. they said they put some steering fluid.. thats because I thought the noise was coming from the steering column, here is a video I had to send this video to the S.A because other wise i probably would got the same BS cant duplicate the noise..

I think the foreman is saying the same BS about the cluth when presing noise is gone but thats bs I showed the tech and he ask me that question so I proved to him

Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Thirdy' post='784475' date='Feb 3 2009, 08:46 PM
which dealership in Dallas?
classic man
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='784352' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:41 PM
thanks man, thats what it is right now freaking frustration, first transmission,then clutch, then flywheel, then transmission is ok but does have some noises, then why transmission if maybe thats not the problem, then the foreman asking the tech why did he order those parts if the transmission is not the problem and is ok. so yeah you might be right but I went last week and showed them the noise, they said that back in december the foreman signed saying it was a normal noise now he said the same thing.. service manager told S.A that it was fine to replaced all parts, but it was kind of weird that tranny and cluth both had damage.. so don't know what to do. if just wait or just show up.. I told S.A im gonna call the foreman and ask him to bring me the same car and prove me the noise is normal.. but response was that its not possible transmission is down I have to wait to see what the tech and foreman decide to do
Sorry about the trouble, hang in there man!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zen68' post='784487' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:07 PM
Sorry about the trouble, hang in there man!
thanks for the support man, hope they agree to fix my car.. since it was their fault since the begininng, I should charged them for the inconvinience of so so many trips to the dealer, gas, time. etc etc..

Quick Reply: BMW North America..and some engine problems