E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Navigation DVD

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 01:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

I was curious to find out how many owners got their DVD nav maps thrown in
when when they got their cars delivered...I've ordered a 545i from BMW ( 3rd
brand new BMW in less than 10 years) and I had a hard time convincing my dealer
that surely he could make a complimentary gesture with the lousy DVD!
310 euros here in Europe !! 35 euros on Ebay..nice try.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Contributors

You could argue that the navigation system you ordered on your car has to be in working order, therefor it needs to come with a disc. It doesn't say in the brochure that you have to order dvd's seperately does it?
Old 08-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I had to buy it separetely and paid the 310 euro's ...

But hey.. I got a 7,5% discount and saved 4.000 euro's on the new car..

Andy, don't tell me you got a better discount than me!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i
Arrow

Yeah, I mean OK, it says you have to order it seperately ( at least in Europe I think) - but I know colleagues who didn't pay and others did. This inconsistency
leads to think that it's dealer discretionary...Is it like this in the US as well ?

530e60NL Pretty good deal I would say... did you order as well the NAV Pro?
At least you don't have long to wait One thing I was dissapointed was the fact that the display only shows plan view and not a 3D view ( or birdseye view) on the navigation. Since using TomTom3 I was used to the 3D view, which is really
intuitive and it's much easier to orientate yourself..can't have everything I guess.
I wonder if it is a software wishlist upgrade for BMW.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Yeah I've got navpro. If you have the High executive option (instead of executive) you get the navpro, comfortseats, alarm class 3, sunscreen in the back and sidewindows, heated seats, PDC, Xenons with washers, ALC adaptive corner lights, automatic airconditioning, lightpackage, Cd changer. It is an 11.879,- euro option without VAT and BPM but it's a great deal compared to buying it separate or in separate packages. I was lucky, the high executive option was introduced the week I was ordering my car. So it saved me some extra money.

Concerning the 3D view. If I remember correctly Iceman has this on his wishlist and he has contacts with BMW Germany. I thought they where thinking about offering it in the future with a software update.

I've also heard that the Nav will be able to talk dutch in the oncomming year. After all those years even BMW finds it strange that mercedes offers Dutch language in their cars and bmw not.

My father did not buy a BMW because he hated the fact that it wouldn't talk dutch. I personally don't care because I find it rather classy the way the english lady talkes to me. Especially when she says: Please take a U-Turn... or Stationary traffic ahead.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:23 AM
Contributors

Mine was free. My friend took delivery of his 530 on Friday, and it was also free.

James
Old 08-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Contributors

If any guys form the Netherlands have one on order and plan to visit Germany you can get it for ?240

That is pretty expensive.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

When taking delivery of a new E60 in Germany (German spec.) you get a DVD with it for free.
It doesn'T say anywhere in the brochure that you need to buy one, and it doesn't say the DVD comes with it.
This is one of the common sense complimenatry things over here...
Old 08-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 1 2004, 12:08 PM
. I personally don't care because I find it rather classy the way the english lady talkes to me. Especially when she says: Please take a U-Turn... or Stationary traffic ahead.
I think it is an American lady trying to speak English, or the other way around..
Old 08-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Contributors

In Holland with BMW it's normal you buy it. I had to buy it with my E46 too 2 years ago.
My father in law did get it when he bought his E-Class with nav. They told me it was included with the Navprice. I think BMW should do that to. What's the use of getting Nav without having a CD.

Quick Reply: BMW Navigation DVD