E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Nav update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

+1

The graphics will ONLY change if BMW modifies it in the firmware, the map DVD has nothing to do with the graphics. My car was updated yesterday to the latest firmware Ver 2.37.2 and no change in any of the iDrive graphics. If you want a better NAV/graphics you have to upgrade your E60 to a 2009 at least or an F10 to get the new Navi....

Originally Posted by IceyTys
I didnt drive my car into work today, but as I mentioned in my post earlier, there no significant visual difference between the 2009 and the 2010 discs. They look the same. So far the only thing I have noticed is there is a road by my house that people use as a cut thru all the time, and now on the new map instead of it being shown as side street, its highlighted more a larger street.

All youre really getting is any new roads, updated business listings (in the same categories mind you), and maybe a faster response time. Other than that, its pretty much the same. We are stuck with our old crappy Navs, cause now that the F10 is out, I am sure BMW isnt going to be spending much time upgrading the firmware of the CCC Nav systems.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lagombeaver
I own a 2008 550 which was built late in 2007. The NAV has always been in-accurate by roughly 150 to 300 feet, going well past your address, both showing remaining distance and when announcing "You Have Arrived." This makes it impossible to trust in cities such as Los Angeles or San Francisco, with lots of streets all over the place. BMA has claimed, "It is working to spec." Yet, one of their corporate folks claimed it should be close to ten feet in terms of accuracy.

BMW blamed Navteq but today I got a new, Tele Atlas 2020 disc and it is no different. Has anyone else had this problem? What is your accuracy - how close or off from the actual address is it? Thanks for your help.
Did you try 2009.1 DVD (which is also Navteq), The accuracy in my car was pretty much good. At least 99% it was within the spec. Once I switched to the new one (2010), it seems my accuracy is off now. I live in northeast ..
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

I just burned the 2010.1 DVD and tried it on my car, the accuracy is 99% and I did notice a much faster loading for the address and also when you make a wrong turn it calculates the new destination quicker but I think the reason for that is the new firmware update V37.

IceyTys, do you see the red light cameras on your map? I don't see it on mine!

Originally Posted by ponnu
Did you try 2009.1 DVD (which is also Navteq), The accuracy in my car was pretty much good. At least 99% it was within the spec. Once I switched to the new one (2010), it seems my accuracy is off now. I live in northeast ..
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Moopai
IceyTys, do you see the red light cameras on your map? I don't see it on mine!

You know, I burned my 2010.1 earlier in the week from the original posting, then I saw someone put the red light cam version up yesterday, so I burned that last night and havent put it in my car yet. I did see that the file was a little bit bigger then the 1st version I downloaded, so I know there is new info on the disc, but havent tried it yet.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Senior Members

Is the size of the new file that you burned yesterday 380GB? I'm wondering what's the difference between this 380GB and the 4.37GB that I found on another site!!!

Originally Posted by IceyTys
You know, I burned my 2010.1 earlier in the week from the original posting, then I saw someone put the red light cam version up yesterday, so I burned that last night and havent put it in my car yet. I did see that the file was a little bit bigger then the 1st version I downloaded, so I know there is new info on the disc, but havent tried it yet.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Moopai
Is the size of the new file that you burned yesterday 380GB? I'm wondering what's the difference between this 380GB and the 4.37GB that I found on another site!!!
I believe you mean 3.8gb. Two different DVD's. Disc 1 is for Eastern Hemisphere and Disc 2 is Western hemisphere of USA. Each Disc can be burned on regular DVD R- since it is below 4.7gb.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
I believe you mean 3.8gb. Two different DVD's. Disc 1 is for Eastern Hemisphere and Disc 2 is Western hemisphere of USA. Each Disc can be burned on regular DVD R- since it is below 4.7gb.
+1
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

mind finished downloading lastnite.. I'm going to need DVDR-DL
anyone have a screen of what the 2010 looks like?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

Its supposedly the same as 2009. Only updates are new roads, businesses, POI.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Thanks you are right it was a typo on my end for the size of the file!

Originally Posted by bmwgroup

Quick Reply: BMW Nav update