E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW IPOD Adapter Limitations???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Hi Guys,

I have searched, didn't find specfic answers I was looking for..

I have recently got BMW IPOD Adapter installed, but turns out there are many limitations and issues w/ IPOD Adapter even w/ latest PROGMAN?

- Limitation of 255 playlist only?
- How to play all playlists 1 by 1 ?
- Songs dont resume once engine is shutoff and turned on
- Song currently playing it not shown sometimes, I have to click NEXT track couple time to see the song playing
- When you select a playlist somewhere in 100/300 list, when I hit BACK, it goes to top of the list... its a pain to scroll down to 101 playlist

How do you guys get to play 80GB of music on IPOD?

Sucks, BMW would sell such a BETA-Product.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='560088' date='Apr 11 2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I have recently got BMW IPOD Adapter installed, but turns out there are many limitations and issues w/ IPOD Adapter even w/ latest PROGMAN?

- Limitation of 255songs only?
- Song currently playing it not shown sometimes, I have to click NEXT track couple time to see the song playing
- and some more annoying things

With all the issues you're having, do you think it's worth the investment? I was thinking about getting the adapter installed in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if it's worth spending the $550 the dealer's charging me.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='560088' date='Apr 11 2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Guys,

- Limitation of 255songs only?
- and some more annoying things

Sorry to hear. I'm in an LCI e60 so none of the problems with my IPOD
-not limited to 255 songs (least haven't been told I've exceeded any limits with my 80gb IPOD)
-Songs do resume once engine is turned back on (or even when interupted by a phone call via bluetooth)
-Sometimes songs don't show when playing and I have to actually open the playlist for it to show. (like yours)
Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

the ipod adapter has a 500 songs limitation. if i go over that, idrive can't show the ipod. btw, i'm on the iphone. it works well but not great. anytime u disconnect, it does not save your previous song that was played
Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='560088
No idea what you mean by "play all playlists 1 by 1." You have to select a playlist. Just like on the iPod.

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='560088
No one has reported this problem nor did I see it.

Q - and some more annoying things
A - That's nice and specific.

Q - How do you guys get to play 80GB of music on IPOD?
A - I plugged it in. My 80 Gbyte iPod wasn't full but I was able to access what was on it.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bigwill222' post='560091' date='Apr 11 2008, 08:59 PM
With all the issues you're having, do you think it's worth the investment? I was thinking about getting the adapter installed in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if it's worth spending the $550 the dealer's charging me.
Definitely worth it!! Rather than carrying 50+ CD and changing them very often lol

Just buy adapater from Garry for $225 (i think) + get a local Independent BMW Tech to install it for $50 + Take car to dealer for some problem and just tell them IPOD is not working, they will just reprogram whole car , So Total = $225 + $50
Old 04-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='560137' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:19 PM
My iPod has thousands of tracks and, on my previous car, I had no trouble accessing them.

What do you hear if they are not resuming? Silence?

Q - How do you guys get to play 80GB of music on IPOD?
A - I plugged it in. My 80 Gbyte iPod wasn't full but I was able to access what was on it.
Hmm, that's weird, I cannot see more than 255 songs in MYIPOD (MP3-1) <<-- This is what you use to play RANDOM right?

The song plays from beginning I mean.

One more annoying problem forgot to list, When you select a playlist somewhere in 100/300 list, when I hit BACK, it goes to top of the list... its a pain to scroll down to 101 playlist
Old 04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='560145
One more annoying problem forgot to list, When you select a playlist somewhere in 100/300 list, when I hit BACK, it goes to top of the list... its a pain to scroll down to 101 playlist
The back functionality remains imperfect in several instances. In the factory option, this has been resolved (happily).
Old 04-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

The most annoying thing about the iPod Option is scrolling through a long list of songs. Much like the Nav Address Book and Phone List, the iPod option needs to be able to select a letter to jump right to that part of the song list or artist list or album list.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pharding' post='560533' date='Apr 12 2008, 11:26 PM
The most annoying thing about the iPod Option is scrolling through a long list of songs. Much like the Nav Address Book and Phone List, the iPod option needs to be able to select a letter to jump right to that part of the song list or artist list or album list.
Ja, although newer Progman versions have speeded up the scrolling to make this much less of a problem

Quick Reply: BMW IPOD Adapter Limitations???