E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW betrayal: I cheated and garaged her!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Must take those Mtec wing off... lol.
I'm not falling for that peer pressure stuff. Every time I post a pic of with the spoiler, I get this: You'll like when you see it in person. Otherwise, BMW wouldn't have made it, right? The spoiler embellishes the rear end and makes it look bigger and thicker (in person of course). Pics don't do it justice.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
I'm not falling for that peer pressure stuff. Every time I post a pic of with the spoiler, I get this: You'll like when you see it in person. Otherwise, BMW wouldn't have made it, right? The spoiler embellishes the rear end and makes it look bigger and thicker (in person of course). Pics don't do it justice.
Lol. Not peer pressure, just a honest opinion. I have seen it in person on a car at Bimmerfest months ago. It was a white E60 all modded out... and BAM, whale tail in the back . Just because BMW made it don't mean it's gold, lol. They have made a lot of questionable design choices in my opinion. To be honest, you'll have to pay me to put that thing on. You say that people have negative response to it, well, I am not one to conform myself, but it's really a no go in terms of aesthetics.

But of course, only my opinion. If you like it, then there you go!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

Certainly E350, e550 has big power
Old 09-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

In a short while that thing will make you love your bimmer! I hate MB for life....but you enjoy it
Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

beautiful house!!! Do all houses down south look just a whole lot better than NYC? I feel like getting jipped in NYC buying a house.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

is that a VolMisuVolkCivic ?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
beautiful house!!! Do all houses down south look just a whole lot better than NYC? I feel like getting jipped in NYC buying a house.

YES.. And they are MUCH cheaper too.. hahaha
Old 09-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
Thanks. In general, housing is much cheaper due to supply and demand.

Originally Posted by MitchBMW
YES.. And they are MUCH cheaper too.. hahaha
Yes, everything is cheaper in the south. I have been very fortunate. I got my house for probably $1 over invoice. and got the MB for $9K below msrp (others got better deals). And the bimmer, I got $11K below msrp back when it was new. It is also about being in the right place and the right time. For example, there was a house in Memorial Piney Point (wealthiest area in Houston) foreclosed at 3.7 million. It probably is worth more than $8 million. Somebody got a steal on that for sure!!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sy1616
In a short while that thing will make you love your bimmer! I hate MB for life....but you enjoy it
MB is kind of nice. It's between a bimmer and a Lexus for ride quality. Did MB burned you somewhere in the past? My bro has a 05 BM S500, and my cousin used to own a S600. Now that S600 was a nightmare and was shopped many times. But when it was running, it was a great car, nonetheless.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
You guys are a blast! John certain knows his ladies and quite as well!

I bought this car to appease the wife because she complained about the rougher BMW ride. She didn't need all the power, and honestly, I don't either. That's not to say that 500+ HP isn't nice to have but not right now. I also want to try something different. We were debating between this, a 09 750i with 2K miles on it and a 2010 LS 460 L. We did not want an F10 (though we did test drive it). It's too close to the E60. We were a phone call from the 750i when MB called with a deep discount on their 11' e classes. I wasn't about to pull the trigger on NA V8 over 2012 FI V8. The V6 has a new engine as well but the plan is to drive this car for 2-3 years and then hand it down to the grandparents. Then, I'll be ready for either a 750i or the M5.

In the meantime, the MB is a good relax driving car. No body wants to race me and I don't care to race anyone. With the bimmer, I still get idiots that drive up to me, rev their engine, and speed off. Too much temptations and not good for the health. Being that it's a 6 year old car with Rad., mtech, and quad exhaust, I still get looks and compliments (to my surprise), but I guess trouble comes with some of the good as well.

Yup... Mercedes is for women and old people.

Quick Reply: BMW betrayal: I cheated and garaged her!!