E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Assist rock

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove up to north Wales for a business conference the other day and managed to lock my keys in the car boot by accident (don't ask). Having called up BMW Assist, I was told that this is the first car made by BMW that their own engineers cannot break into. Solution: use the spare keys to get in. Only problem was that the spares were with my wife in west London, 250 miles and 4 hours away in rush hour traffic. This didn't faze BMW Assist one bit. They sent a bike courier around to my house, picked up the keys and delivered them to me 5 hours later. You might think this would have cost me a fortune. Given my stupidity, it certainly should have done. But BMW Assist picked up the whole tab! Unbelieveable service guys, and if you're reading this, thank you very much.

So, the conclusion I reached is that there are more reasons for buying a BMW than the product itself. These guys really understand about customer care.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

gald to hear that BMW Assist was so helpful, but the one thing that I miss about the OnStar I had in my previous car, was that with one phone call, they could have unlocked my car remotely within minutes. That's one feature I wish BMW Assist had.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Very cool... When I was living in England, I called roadside twice on a dead battery (business parking at Gatwick, extended stay in Winter!). One time BMW roadside sorted it out quickly. The second time, late at night they asked if I could wait 45 mins, or could they send a taxi to pick me up right away, take me home and sort it out the next morning... Nice level of service. To bad BMW Assist in the US is so horrible (run by Cross Country Motor Roadside service)
Old 06-27-2004, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='Jun 26 2004, 12:14 PM
Drove up to north Wales for a business conference the other day and managed to lock my keys in the car boot by accident (don't ask).
Hi,
Do you have folding back seats?
If you do, you could remove the Sky Bag container and had access to the boot!
Old 06-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jun 27 2004, 10:39 AM
[quote name='E60-530d-London' date='Jun 26 2004, 12:14 PM'] Drove up to north Wales for a business conference the other day and managed to lock my keys in the car boot by accident (don't ask).
Hi,
Do you have folding back seats?
If you do, you could remove the Sky Bag container and had access to the boot![/quote]
Don't you think if he had access to the inside of the car he would of been able to unlock the boot from the switch on the dash and would not have had to call BMW Assist !
Old 06-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Contributors

lol

classic!
Old 06-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Am i right in saying if you deadlock the boot the button on the dash does not work. In my M3 you had to lock the glove compartent to deadlock the boot.

Steve
Old 06-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

When you lock an E60 it automatically dead locks the car for you.You can open the boot with the button on the key,this just opens the boot and not the rest of the car.It tells you in the hand book not to lock anyone in the car as they will not be able to unlock the car from the inside as it is deadlocked.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I didn't know that. Good tip to remember when someone is in the car (they could get claustrofobic!!! .)
Old 06-27-2004, 05:49 PM
sj3
Senior Members

530E60NL: I don't understand how someone could not know this? It's one of the most major elements of the car's security and is large type and bold I'm sure in the manual. Please RTFM for many more "tips" like this.

Sam

Quick Reply: BMW Assist rock