E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, my friend has an 08/2005 E64 S/N B782779. I tried to check his TCU number to see if he has bleutooth but i couldnt get all the panels out in order reach the TCU. can anyone help me out and tell me whts his TCU number and if it has Bluetooth.

If it does, we ll have to take it to the $tealer for a progman update to get the Bluetooth enabled.

Totally appreciate any help.Thx

PS: I tried to check on realoem.com but they listed about 50 TCU, so i didnt know which was his.If anyone more familiar with this site can help me out

I did post this in the E64 section and unlike here, only 1 person help( thx )
I did also post a similar question a while back in the Phone & accessories section and again, berly anyone answered my question.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Cars built after 03/04 should have come equipped with a bluetooth TCU. The 05 definately should have it, unless it was replaced with an older unit for some reason. However, additional hardware is needed if the car wasn't pre-prepped for BT. And it will need to be activated.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Members

He's right unless you have an older TCU in your car from a salvage or the like that unit should be good to go. I thought the 2005 models though already had the bluetooth turned on so I'm a little confused but i may be wrong here. Here is a quick screen cap from the RealOEM sight showing the model numbers for the TCU and where the cutoff point is. I'm actually at the dealer right now (literally) getting my Progman update to turn my bluetooth on. I replaced the TCU in my 2004 just a couple of weeks ago.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails BMW-realoem_tcu.jpg  
Old 11-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='730831' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:39 AM
Hey everyone, my friend has an 08/2005 E64 S/N B782779. I tried to check his TCU number to see if he has bleutooth but i couldnt get all the panels out in order reach the TCU. can anyone help me out and tell me whts his TCU number and if it has Bluetooth.

If it does, we ll have to take it to the $tealer for a progman update to get the Bluetooth enabled.

Totally appreciate any help.Thx

PS: I tried to check on realoem.com but they listed about 50 TCU, so i didnt know which was his.If anyone more familiar with this site can help me out

I did post this in the E64 section and unlike here, only 1 person help( thx )
I did also post a similar question a while back in the Phone & accessories section and again, berly anyone answered my question.
Be patient young gasshopper.

Please check your e63/64 section thread for response.

Not all of us can play all day, every day on the forums.

Actually from many posts that I have contributed to comes this quote from an old but very true Service Bulletin

"For E60, E63 and E64 vehicles produced from 3/04 to 8/04, Bluetooth functionality can be added by updating the vehicle software using CIP 13.2 or higher. After this is performed, a "Retrofit" of "Tel Bluetooth" needs to be performed. Follow the procedure as described in this Service Information for "Activating Bluetooth" and "Pairing the Handset". Vehicles prior to 3/04 would need to have the TCU replaced with the 2005 MY TCU at the customer's expense, and the vehicle updated to CIP 13.2 or higher. Phone docking cradles may not be added to these vehicles because of wiring incompatibility. Note: This software update and retrofit is not covered under warranty and is at the customer's expense."

Starting with 09/04 builds this was no longer necessary.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Contributors

guys.I know alllllll about bluetooth procedure.u guys miss-understood my question.

let me rephrase it.
is there a way on REALOEM.COM or any other site that allows me to know the exact TCU NUMBER of the above SN has?

the reason y im asking is becoz I have an 09/04 E60.and according to the SIB.i m suuposed to be able to enable bluetooth right? Wrong!!!!! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A TCU. so if I had to go according to the SIB.I would have paid for nothing.

so im asking if theres a way to know which TCU NUMBER THE E64 has.

thx
Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Members

This sounds like you car was just not prewired for bluetooth, I recall a number of older posts in the forums discussing this when I was doing research on retrofitting my 01/2004 build date e60.

Steve
Old 11-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='731865' date='Nov 26 2008, 09:34 AM
guys.I know alllllll about bluetooth procedure.u guys miss-understood my question.

let me rephrase it.
is there a way on REALOEM.COM or any other site that allows me to know the exact TCU NUMBER of the above SN has?

the reason y im asking is becoz I have an 09/04 E60.and according to the SIB.i m suuposed to be able to enable bluetooth right? Wrong!!!!! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A TCU. so if I had to go according to the SIB.I would have paid for nothing.

so im asking if theres a way to know which TCU NUMBER THE E64 has.

thx
Please stick to one storey. If this is an E64 question don't add stuff about some e60 you have. Does not help.

Now assuming it is your question on the E64 which you provided as an 08/05 build then the proper P/N is
84106972696. But any TCU P/N higher than that is also good. There is no VIN to P/N relationship and it is not relative to this issue. Why do you insist to know this is beyond me. Now if you (or your friend) did not specify certain options or preparation then yes I suppose you could have an e64 (outside US) without a TCU.

TCUs are made by a third party and similar to electronic boards that goes in a computer or TV each time the vendor produces a new run you are likely to have a new part number. But they are all useable after a certain point and that was wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy back in 9/04.

BTW, Service Bulletins on the TCU are far and away the most used bulletin subject in all of BMWs history
Old 11-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='731922' date='Nov 26 2008, 11:39 AM
Please stick to one storey. If this is an E64 question don't add stuff about some e60 you have. Does not help.

Now assuming it is your question on the E64 which you provided as an 08/05 build then the proper P/N is
84106972696. But any TCU P/N higher than that is also good. There is no VIN to P/N relationship and it is not relative to this issue. Why do you insist to know this is beyond me. Now if you (or your friend) did not specify certain options or preparation then yes I suppose you could have an e64 (outside US) without a TCU.

TCUs are made by a third party and similar to electronic boards that goes in a computer or TV each time the vendor produces a new run you are likely to have a new part number. But they are all useable after a certain point and that was wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy back in 9/04.

BTW, Service Bulletins on the TCU are far and away the most used bulletin subject in all of BMWs history

lool.you seem angry for some reason.

but yes that is exactly wht I wanted to know.so the TCU number is manifactured by a third party and There is no VIN to P/N relationship.I thought that on realoem.com, if u put ur VIN, u can know the exact tcu number u have on ur car.

thx a lot appreciate it.

PS: btw the question was about my friend's E64. as for my car.I already know that it doesn't have a TCU and is not prewired.plus no mic either.

you need to cool down a bit my firend as I am only asking a small question.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='731965' date='Nov 26 2008, 11:59 AM
lool.you seem angry for some reason.

but yes that is exactly wht I wanted to know.so the TCU number is manifactured by a third party and There is no VIN to P/N relationship.I thought that on realoem.com, if u put ur VIN, u can know the exact tcu number u have on ur car.

thx a lot appreciate it.

PS: btw the question was about my friend's E64. as for my car.I already know that it doesn't have a TCU and is not prewired.plus no mic either.

you need to cool down a bit my firend as I am only asking a small question.
Yes but you cross posted AND did not respond to a similar response I provided in the e63 section. You seemed to be in a hurry and I am not sure how much searching you did as this subject has been beat to death over a period of several years (3+ so far). We are trying to help you, really
Old 11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='732204' date='Nov 26 2008, 11:50 PM
We are trying to help you, really
+1

Quick Reply: BMW