5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   BMW 525d problem or not a problem?! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/bmw-525d-problem-not-problem-130067/)

razor_061 03-14-2013 11:34 AM

BMW 525d problem or not a problem?!

Hi all,

yesterday I was cheking the oil and coolant level then I opened the oil cap and WTF this sound appears! Check the video!

Does anyone knows what is that? Someone tells it normal, but I want to be sure before I go to the garage for inspection.

Another problem is, I don't know when this starts to happen but my iDrive don't save any settings I made in it, except clock, date, and settings for lock, light and that stuff.
Radio stations and language does reset when I get from car like for 5 - 10 mins. And it's reseting the hidden menu on the dashboard. I get the lock off, and when I am off the car for like 5-10 mins it reset and I need to do the process always! It very annoys! Did someone had this problem?

pcy 03-14-2013 01:05 PM

For the issue of various components resetting, get a new battery and install.
About the engine noise, are you saying that noise comes and goes away OR that noise is there all the time?

razor_061 03-14-2013 06:09 PM

Do I need to do some programming after I install the new battery?

That noise is always there. I tried on cold and warm engine, the noise is the same..

pcy 03-15-2013 04:10 AM

It is a good idea to get the battery registered; most of the indy shops can register the battery.

About the engine noise, that is definitely not normal. Change the battery and get that noise diagnosed.

razor_061 03-15-2013 07:22 AM

Thanks, I will do that.

Hmm, I will go to the garage next week. And see what they tell. If anyone have this noise or dont have I will be thankfull if they say something about it.

noven789 03-15-2013 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by razor_061 (Post 1495157)
Hi all,

yesterday I was cheking the oil and coolant level then I opened the oil cap and WTF this sound appears! Check the video!

BMW 525D engine sound noise - YouTube

Does anyone knows what is that? Someone tells it normal, but I want to be sure before I go to the garage for inspection.

Another problem is, I don't know when this starts to happen but my iDrive don't save any settings I made in it, except clock, date, and settings for lock, light and that stuff.
Radio stations and language does reset when I get from car like for 5 - 10 mins. And it's reseting the hidden menu on the dashboard. I get the lock off, and when I am off the car for like 5-10 mins it reset and I need to do the process always! It very annoys! Did someone had this problem?

When engine is running and you open the filling oil cup.NO SMOG suppost to be coming from the engine.Your valves are not working corretly.Valves springs need to be replaced or adjusted.

razor_061 03-16-2013 02:51 AM

Outside has been about -8 so that is the smog. But and I think that valve springs needs to be replaced.

garcijav 03-16-2013 03:16 AM

My car has the same noise if i open the oil filler cap.

razor_061 03-16-2013 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by garcijav (Post 1495411)
My car has the same noise if i open the oil filler cap.

For how long?

You drive with that sound?

garcijav 03-17-2013 11:35 AM

Since I bought it in 2011. The official BMW shop told me that the noise is normal.

Donīt worry.