E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Blizzaks FTW!!!" - Some Chicago Blizzard Driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 M5

Hi guys,

Hate to sound like a car (or tire) salesman, but having snow tires is a BIG plus to have this time of year - especially if you live in Chicagoland and have a Blizzard working its way towards you! Just thought that's worth mentioning, as it makes driving in snow conditions much safer... - for you, and for ME!
Maybe the 1967 record - with 23 inches - will be broken tonight, but right now they say it may "only" be 18-22 inches Downtown. CBS Chicago News

Boy, am I glad that I bought winter tires a month ago!

Driving home in the snow was a blast today - constantly dodging all those morons that are still driving on their summer tires!!!
Totally irresponsible in this part of the country... but what can you do? I can't shoot them all, can I...??

Let's see how much snow I'll have to shovel off "ZStallion" (a.k.a. 'Black Beauty') tomorrow morning.
Looks OK now, but the night's still young...

-- STAY SAFE OUT THERE TONIGHT, Chicagoland E60s !!!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

14-18 inches coming our way.... blizzaks on my 530 as well, drive safely!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sluis530
14-18 inches coming our way.... blizzaks on my 530 as well, drive safely!
Thanks, buddy... same to you!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

Getting ice and about half a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow! Be safe !
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport SMG, 2010 550i M-Sport, 2010 E92 M3

My car has been in the shop in Chicagoland for the past 4 weeks. If it's ready tomorrow in 24" of snow they can hold onto it a little longer, like Friday after the plows clear all this snow.
The first thing I bought for my 545i were snow tires. Almost about the same time I bought its first tank of gas.

Micheline Pilot Alpins.

Be careful out there!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i/6

How do you people do it lol. We just had a nice little taste of snow a few weeks back here in Atlanta. While it was only 6-8 inches, it shut the city down for nearly a week. 5 million people, 10 snow plows. You do the math lol. Anyways, you will never, ever catch me living any further north! Misery to us southerners lol. And snow tires?! Ive got better things to spend my money on! Good luck guys.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
Hi guys,

Hate to sound like a car (or tire) salesman, but having snow tires is a BIG plus to have this time of year - especially if you live in Chicagoland and have a Blizzard working its way towards you! Just thought that's worth mentioning, as it makes driving in snow conditions much safer... - for you, and for ME!
Maybe the 1967 record - with 23 inches - will be broken tonight, but right now they say it may "only" be 18-22 inches Downtown. CBS Chicago News

Boy, am I glad that I bought winter tires a month ago!

Driving home in the snow was a blast today - constantly dodging all those morons that are still driving on their summer tires!!!
Totally irresponsible in this part of the country... but what can you do? I can't shoot them all, can I...??

Let's see how much snow I'll have to shovel off "ZStallion" (a.k.a. 'Black Beauty') tomorrow morning.
Looks OK now, but the night's still young...

-- STAY SAFE OUT THERE TONIGHT, Chicagoland E60s !!!

DANG..!
I should have bought the ones that dig you out AFTER the Blizzard.... Epic Blizzak FAIL ... LOL

THE DAY AFTER:

I'm 'Up Sh*t Creek' without a ...snow shovel :-)
Good thing I gave my snow shovel to my neighbor when I moved into the apartment complex last month... Thought I would never need it again (...$#*#%%#$^^!!!!)

Well.... Looks like I'm not going anywhere fast anyways:

Snowday! (....yeah!!!!!)
Office is officially closed today. More time for the 5series board (...double-plus yeah!!! )
Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

blizzaks rule!!! mine are great on my M3 even on my hill of a block and driveway.. The ice isnt that great, but I didnt slide down the driveway this a.m so I figured I would be able to get back up and in.. Which I did... I even hit the mall
Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

Hey. What's the difference with the blizzaks. I see there
Are 2 kinds on the web? What isnt best for 530xi (17inch)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

Hey Mel! Hope all is well and the family is doing good. I couldn't use the wheels but I got another set made for the xi. Same rims. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: "Blizzaks FTW!!!" - Some Chicago Blizzard Driving