E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Big Suprise when i went to my car for lunch...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Seriously, Gene, that sucks and hope everything works out.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='969241' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:49 PM
Seriously, Gene, that sucks and hope everything works out.
thanx...hope everything does work out as well...parts come in tuesday afternoon...so I'll drop my car off wednesday at lunch..should only take a few hours they said..the shop only works on MB's and BMW's...their work looked good...I called my SA @ Center BMW..he's heard of this shop and said I'm in good hands....

*keeping my fingers crossed...

on a side note, the lower window trim has maybe 3 small scratches on them...as the guy was on the phone ordering parts he asks if I wanted ot save a few bucks and not order that piece and just leave the scratched trim, said it would save $40....I tilted my head a bit and replied with, "I'll stare at those scratches all the time and be reminded of this whole thing, I'm not skimping on a $40 piece, order the bottom trim please (with a smile).

the guy laughed and replied with: "Figured as much, amazing how some customers try and cut corners...I'm with you"
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Damn, sorry Gene.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Alpine White, Black inside,Sport Package, M Tech kit, SMG, Navigation, Cold weather package

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='969221' date='Aug 8 2009, 01:18 AM
ooooohhhhh fuck! Damn that sucks even more! What wheels did you have?
I had OEM 166
Old 08-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by uskg76`' post='969197' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:46 AM
sorry to hear about it man. I was in same situation last Tuesday matherf@%#^s stole wheells from my car. I just picked it up on Monday night Tuesday morning no wheels and what's more upsets me it's the way they did it.
when i lived in new york, car stereos and wheels were stolen constantly. i have had stereos stolen 3-4 times and wheels stolen once. my brother had wheels stolen too, right out of the same driveway. i cant even count how many friends have had wheels and stereos stolen. that was in the 4 years i lived there while i was driving (16-19).

i have spent 7 years driving living in different places, GA, TX, SC, FL... sometimes i dont even lock my car at night. NY is an overinfested overpriced shit hole and i dont understand how anyone can live there. and i grew up on the island (suffolk county). NYers are like cockroaches living all squeezed together like that. (i dont mean that as an insult other than how there is so many people in such a small place) all of my family lives in NY and most of my close friends do. i love them but i give them shit.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='969244' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:59 PM
on a side note, the lower window trim has maybe 3 small scratches on them...as the guy was on the phone ordering parts he asks if I wanted ot save a few bucks and not order that piece and just leave the scratched trim, said it would save $40....I tilted my head a bit and replied with, "I'll stare at those scratches all the time and be reminded of this whole thing, I'm not skimping on a $40 piece, order the bottom trim please (with a smile).

the guy laughed and replied with: "Figured as much, amazing how some customers try and cut corners...I'm with you"

Good job, I would just get the part too. $40 isn't worth getting pissed every time you look at your car.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Gene, these things do happen. Unfortunate, but what can we do

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but you might be able to buy the glass used (like, from a junk yard) and save some serious cash left over for the pillar trim part and might even have a few bucks for a small mod (a scoop? ) - have your insurance company pay you directly and shop for glass and installation place yourself. Some extra work on your part, but could make a lot of sense in the end.

All in all, one thing I gotta tell ya: life is all about taking what comes your way and making the most of it.

I wish you best of luck, brother!

V//
Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='969487' date='Aug 8 2009, 08:31 AM
Gene, these things do happen. Unfortunate, but what can we do

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but you might be able to buy the glass used (like, from a junk yard) and save some serious cash left over for the pillar trim part and might even have a few bucks for a small mod (a scoop? ) - have your insurance company pay you directly and shop for glass and installation place yourself. Some extra work on your part, but could make a lot of sense in the end.

All in all, one thing I gotta tell ya: life is all about taking what comes your way and making the most of it.

I wish you best of luck, brother!

V//
thanx V...I going to just order the glass new from the dealer and get it done for piece of mind sake I guess...I already have a scoop so no worries there
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Contributors

jealous bastards strike again. I had my e60 keyed.
May god (if there is one) smite the fuck outta these bastards..
Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

damn, this definitely sucks gene... hope everything works out for ya

Quick Reply: Big Suprise when i went to my car for lunch...