E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i dunno if you already know this, but if you leave the bluetooth of your phone on and leave it plugged into the charger, it does not allow your car to shut off completly. I've noticed that after a couple of minutes the cars electrical system turns on again, such as the radio and interior lights. just giving a heads up. OH and quick question. my 06 530 xi has a option in the idrive entertainment section called DVD. but it doesnt allow me to highlight it. does this mean dvd feature will be coming soon as a retrofit??? thanks!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Leave phone on and in cradle all the time. I leave car and come back in 20, 30, minutes; 1, 2, 6, 24 and 48 hours and car is sleeping until I open door. I tested several times and found it active for several minutes but at near 15 minutes it would finally nod off to sleep.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 550745540

Slightly OT, anyone noticed that battery performance in phones deteriarates with BT active???

I used to recharge my RAZR every couple of day before getting new car. But now, with BT active even if no calls placed/received, I need to recharge every night.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by joebel' date='Aug 1 2005, 03:27 PM
Slightly OT, anyone noticed that battery performance in phones deteriarates with BT active???

I used to recharge my RAZR every couple of day before getting new car. But now, with BT active even if no calls placed/received, I need to recharge every night.
[snapback]155151[/snapback]

Yup. This is normal. The industry is already looking at different ways to solve the mobile dilemma. We all thought it would be the current solution, but the battery life isn't so great.

There is a SIM Access Profile in the works that would allow a permanent system phone or otherwise hard-wired phone in the car to pull the SIM information from say, the mobile in your pocket. The mobile in your pocket could basically then go to sleep, and the car's phone would assume the identity of your mobile handset for the duration of your drive - operating on wired power and antenna.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 550745540

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Aug 1 2005, 04:45 PM
[quote name='joebel' date='Aug 1 2005, 03:27 PM']Slightly OT, anyone noticed that battery performance in phones deteriarates with BT active???

Yup. This is normal. The industry is already looking at different ways to solve the mobile dilemma. We all thought it would be the current solution, but the battery life isn't so great.

There is a SIM Access Profile in the works that would allow a permanent system phone or otherwise hard-wired phone in the car to pull the SIM information from say, the mobile in your pocket. The mobile in your pocket could basically then go to sleep, and the car's phone would assume the identity of your mobile handset for the duration of your drive - operating on wired power and antenna.
[snapback]155155[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks for confirming. I'm looking to get either a car charger or something I can keep at work. I've already lost power couple of times during the day at work.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by joebel' date='Aug 1 2005, 03:27 PM

If you set the RAZR when you get in the car and set the Bluetooth to only come on temporally and auto shut off when you leave the vehicle the batt will last longer. If you in the vehicle for more than a couple of hours a day and don?t shut off Bluetooth batt will only last a day. Use a power adapter when using Bluetooth in car for extended hours.

Again try setting up Bluetooth in temporary mode and see if this works