E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Best place to pick up Rear Bumper painted in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Some idiot banged into my car in a parking lot today and now my rear bumper has a dent in it!! Anyone know where I can get a cheap new OEM BMW bumper in the the UK? Looking for prices of both sport or normal because current is normal.

Anyone in UK who has a mint bumper please contact me because I'm looking to replace this as cheap as I can because I'm not bothering to go with insurance because I don't know who did it and I don't want to kill my claims bonus.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='423788' date='May 13 2007, 01:36 AM
Some idiot banged into my car in a parking lot today and now my rear bumper has a dent in it!! Anyone know where I can get a cheap new OEM BMW bumper in the the UK? Looking for prices of both sport or normal because current is normal.

Anyone in UK who has a mint bumper please contact me because I'm looking to replace this as cheap as I can because I'm not bothering to go with insurance because I don't know who did it and I don't want to kill my claims bonus.
Bruce

Is there a possibility of a localised repair ? the technology advances on this sort of work over the past few years has been amazing.

any image of the dent would help assess.... i've had a reasonably big 6 x 6 dent repaired in the past for sub ?200 after a few weeks you'd never know it had happened.

R
Old 05-13-2007, 02:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Have a word here, I used them on my wife's 3 series and they did a mint job - Aston Martin and Bentley approved body shop - what more could you ask for

http://www.cougardirect.co.uk/frontpiece.html
Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Senior Members

we now have parking lots in England, wow
Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by tonye60' post='423852' date='May 13 2007, 11:43 AM
we now have parking lots in England, wow
.... that's the power of the US I'm afraid - we'll eventually start losing all of our quaint "lidlol" British terms....
Old 05-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

i agree, have a nice day
Old 05-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Ok my sedan without the moon roof was hit below the Trunk area. Nuff said.

Back to my question, I'll look at repair costs too but wondering where's the best place to pick up a new bumper. If the price difference is not that much.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

you could try bmwmstyle.co.uk - sure they could source an SE bumper and quote you.... There are regularily plenty of SE bumpers on ebay.co.uk though - if you fancied fitting?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mr_london_247' post='423973' date='May 13 2007, 09:44 PM
you could try bmwmstyle.co.uk - sure they could source an SE bumper and quote you.... There are regularily plenty of SE bumpers on ebay.co.uk though - if you fancied fitting?
Rarely does a perfect bumper turn up on ebay. Its not common for people in the UK to upgrade to an M kit if their body work is in order. But judging my the Group Buy thats currently on for M Tech kits by Tony, there are probably a lot of perfectly good bumpers landing up on ebay.com right now
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='423825' date='May 12 2007, 11:08 PM
Is there a possibility of a localised repair ? the technology advances on this sort of work over the past few years has been amazing.
+1. i was rear ended last year and had multiple dents and scratches in my rear bumper. for about $300 it was all fixed, good as new. whether you decide to repair it or get a new bumper like you originally wanted, good luck.

Quick Reply: Best place to pick up Rear Bumper painted in the UK