E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: What is your favorite interior color with Silver Gray Metalic exterior and Anthracite Maple trim?
Black
57.45%
Grey
15.60%
Auburn
14.89%
Beige
12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Best interior color with Silver Gray Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by OnOn' date='Jan 18 2005, 12:21 PM
I will be doing a European Delivery on a new 530 in May, but am having difficulty deciding what interior color works best with a Silver Grey exterior and the anthracite trim, I had been leaning towards black, but am now thinking it may be to stark.? Help me decide!

Thanks

OnOn
[snapback]80378[/snapback]

I've decided to go with ED too and have the same issue. I like the silver grey exterior the most, but struggling with the interior. IMHO, here are my ratings on the different colors.

#1 Beige

Pros
By far the best color for the e60
Very comfortable
Bright and handsome (no accident its on the 5er brochure)
Blends colors and wood tones well

Cons
Seems to work better with darker exterior colors.
Shows dirt more
Shows wear more, particularly on drivers side
e90 tan color looks even better

#2 Black (A close 2nd)

Pros
Understated and expensive
Goes with every color

Cons
Looks dire
Too much black and little contrast
My other car has this color

#3 Auburn

Pros
Completely distinctive
Looks sporty
Somewhat similar to black, works with many colors

Cons
Auburn color is orangish, not subtle
Looks busy with black trimming
Should copy the Audi A6's armaretto color (baseball glove color)

#4 Grey

Pros
I can't really think of one
Okay one, its matches the dull grey dash plastic trim

Cons
Dull and lifeless looking
The blueish tint is just overbearing - I keep thinking "Sink the Bismarck"
See Kia comment in this thread
Other E60ers w/grey interiors will hate or flame you for writing
comments such as this

So, I'd say a black interior would be the safest call. But, I'm leaning towards beige and will compare both back to back before final selection. Too make matters more complicated, my wife has just informed me that sil gry and beige do not go together. Auburn is a good sporty choice and, grey, well you can see how I feel about that.

CVT Benhogan
Old 01-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Members

My Ride: COMING!! 2006 M5 - December build - January delivery. 2004 530i - Silver Gray Metallic; Black Leather; Premium Pkg; Premium Sound Pkg; Cold Weather Pkg; Steptronic; Comfort Seats; Glass Moonroof; Rear Side Airbags; Adaptive Bi-xenon; Euro Rear Reflectors - Delivered 12/3/03 2003 M3 - Carbon Black Metallic; Black Leather; Premium Pkg; Park Distance Control; Xenon; Hardon-Kardon; Alum Int. Trim; SMG - Delivered 2/17/03

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Jan 18 2005, 05:40 PM
[quote name='OnOn' date='Jan 18 2005, 12:21 PM']I will be doing a European Delivery on a new 530 in May, but am having difficulty deciding what interior color works best with a Silver Grey exterior and the anthracite trim, I had been leaning towards black, but am now thinking it may be to stark.? Help me decide!

Thanks

OnOn
[snapback]80378[/snapback]

I've decided to go with ED too and have the same issue. I like the silver grey exterior the most, but struggling with the interior. IMHO, here are my ratings on the different colors.

#1 Beige

Pros
By far the best color for the e60
Very comfortable
Bright and handsome (no accident its on the 5er brochure)

Cons
Seems to work better with darker exterior colors.
Shows dirt more
Shows wear more, particularly on drivers side
e90 tan color looks even better

#2 Black (A close 2nd)

Pros
Understated and expensive
Goes with every color

Cons
Looks dire
Too much black and little contrast
My other car has this color

#3 Auburn

Pros
Completely distinctive
Looks sporty
Somewhat similar to black, works with many colors

Cons
Auburn color is orangish, not subtle
Looks busy with black trimming
Should copy the Audi A6's armaretto color (baseball glove color)

#4 Grey

Pros
I can't really think of one
Okay one, its matches the dull grey dash plastic trim

Cons
Dull and lifeless looking
The blueish tint is just overbearing - I keep thinking "Sink the Bismarck"
See Kia comment in this thread
Other E60ers w/grey interiors will hate or flame you for writing
comments such as this

So, I'd say a black interior would be the safest call. But, I'm leaning towards beige and will compare both back to back before final selection. Too make matters more complicated, my wife has just informed me that sil gry and beige do not go together. Auburn is a good sporty choice and, grey, well you can see how I feel about that.

CVT Benhogan
[snapback]80551[/snapback]
[/quote]

Lots of good discussion points above - but I picked black on my car because it simply looks great!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Jan 19 2005, 12:40 AM
I've decided to go with ED too and have the same issue.? I like the silver grey exterior the most, but struggling with the interior.? IMHO, here are my ratings on the different colors.? ?

So, I'd say a black interior would be the safest call.? But, I'm leaning towards beige and will compare both back to back before final selection.? Too make matters more complicated, my wife has just informed me that sil gry and beige do not go together.? ? ? ? Auburn is a good sporty choice and, grey, well you can see how I feel about that.

CVT Benhogan
[snapback]80551[/snapback]
I was dubious about Beige + Silver Grey until I saw it in the flesh. I think it's a richer colour combination. If you haven't seen it, go take a look. A friend has a silver-grey and black and when the two are parked side-by-side, there's no contest as to which looks better. The lighter interior just lifts the car and even has an impact on how you view the silver-grey. Has your wife seen the E60 brochure - silver grey+beige? I got a second opinion as well and was informed that the beige was the only one to go with silver-grey.

I saw the auburn with copper and it DIDN'T blow my skirt up.

The only issue I have with the beige is that the door cappings are beige as well. But thats my only gripe.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

i have silver gray, black, and poplar wood. very easy to maintain .
Old 01-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

AUBURN!!!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have silver gray with beige.. It looks awesome and very luxurious.. Only downside is that the driverseat gets blue when you wear jeans a lot..
Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

If you have little kids: forget about the beige.
Whatever fluid comes from kids, it stains on light leather.
And remember that your trunk will be beige as well.
Not suggesting to keep your children in the trunk but dirty trollies and other stuff will stain too!
Apart from that it's a classy stylish color that 'll have good retail value as well (if maintained well)

Forget about grey as well, would only be looking good with marble panels and golden rings round the clocks, parked on a trailer camp.
(viva Frans Bauer)

Black is always good and will stay good but will get boring in the end.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 19 2005, 01:49 AM
i have silver gray, black, and poplar wood.? very easy to maintain .
[snapback]80651[/snapback]
Exactly like mine.

however i vote for Auburn..
Old 01-19-2005, 04:17 AM
Members

You guys rock....tons of good/great advise. Not sure it has made my decision any clearer (yet). For what its worth the car will have to play back-up duty to the Passat Wagon to schlep the kids around, so I thing Beige could be problematic. I agree with the comments about black being 'dungeon like', but also think its timeless/classic. My wife's car has a gray leather interior and the upkeep os reasonable. Well, I have another 6 weeks to decide as my ED isn't until early May (getting one of the first 530 w/ the new R6 engines) so it will give me the chance to swings past my local dealer a few more times to compare/contrast options.

Thanks for all the help!

OnOn
Old 01-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by OnOn' date='Jan 19 2005, 08:17 AM
You guys rock....tons of good/great advise.? Not sure it has made my decision any clearer (yet).? For what its worth the car will have to play back-up duty to the Passat Wagon to schlep the kids around, so I thing Beige could be problematic.? I agree with the comments about black being 'dungeon like', but also think its timeless/classic.? My wife's car has a gray leather interior and the upkeep os reasonable.? Well, I have another 6 weeks to decide as my ED isn't until early May (getting one of the first 530 w/ the new R6 engines) so it will give me the chance to swings past my local dealer a few more times to compare/contrast options.

Thanks for all the help!

OnOn
[snapback]80688[/snapback]

OnOn,

Where are you from? The reason I ask, many in the U.S. are interested in the invoice price of a 530 w/ the R6. Price increase? Other questions include the model year of a R6 car and possible equip changes with the new engine. Any help would be appreciated.

CVT Benhogan

Quick Reply: Best interior color with Silver Gray Metallic