5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Best Battery Brands (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/best-battery-brands-146203/)

blackedout545i 12-16-2016 10:29 AM

Best Battery Brands

Hello everybody,

I know this topic has probably been brought up before, but I'm looking to replace the battery on my 545i and wanted to know which battery BRAND was the best. So far, I can only find Duralast batteries online, and I wanted to know if there was any other brand that someone can recommend. I live in Michigan so the winters get very cold, and I don't daily my 545i anymore so I'm looking for a tough battery that will last a while.

KyleB 12-16-2016 11:26 AM

as long as you keep it on a battery tender, I think just about any battery will work for you, including duralast.

my $.02

JayArras 12-16-2016 01:52 PM

I'm with Kyle. Just make sure it's sized correctly and registered and you should be good to go.

stel_i79 12-16-2016 07:23 PM

how do u keep it on battery tender?

seanjordan20 12-16-2016 07:44 PM

The battery brand does not matter. I hardly drive my car now maybe 4-5 times a month. A battery tender can be installed and you plug it up when you are going to let it sit for a while however I don't bother with one. I have had my battery in for 6 years. The key is to make sure you get the same size and get it registered. The car will do the rest. I would say that since you live in the cold Interstate does have a battery that works well in cold States. I think its called transformer or Megatron something like that. I remember doing the research when I was shopping around. Hope this helps.

DanielFD 12-16-2016 11:07 PM

Just some info as a couple of months i had a meeting with a big battery supplier in China. Battery brands do matter. The guy confessed that they cant compete with German Brands with quality. Their batteries if well taken care of last only for 2 years, even though the warranty on them is 3. It seems most people forget the warranty on the battery when it dies out. In any case, my point is battery brands do matter. The company I had my meeting with sells unbranded batteries to a bunch of well known cheap brands sold all over the world including the US, and he even confessed that even though they are using the same materials and the same weighted specifications they cant match the reliability of some well known brands, hence the price difference.

DanielFD 12-17-2016 01:13 AM

I apoloise if I underminded some more experienced members in the thread. Just putting out some info. Your experiences may surely differ then what i say.

KyleB 12-17-2016 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by stel_i79 (Post 1584708)
how do u keep it on battery tender?

step 1: buy battery tender
step 2: turn off car, open hood
step 3: connect battery tender clamps to + and - terminals under hood
step 4: enjoy cold beverage

BostonJon 12-17-2016 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by KyleB (Post 1584729)

i dont believe there is a marked ( - ) terminal under the hood. i've always used the metal stud at the top of the shock mount.

JayArras 12-17-2016 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by KyleB (Post 1584729)

You left out a step... 3a: plug the battery tender in. :whistle: