E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Beige interior-black floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car came with beige interior and beige mats,the mats stain very easily.Would black mats/beige interior be a good option? Carpet or rubber ?
I'd appreciate if somebody could post pictures of beige interior/black mats.Thanks.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by upport' post='663447' date='Sep 6 2008, 01:56 PM
My car came with beige interior and beige mats,the mats stain very easily.Would black mats/beige interior be a good option? Carpet or rubber ?
I'd appreciate if somebody could post pictures of beige interior/black mats.Thanks.
You are correct - the beige interior mats do show dirt. After a thorough cleaning I've sprayed mine with 3M Carpet Protector - a stain repellent. Seems to help a bit.

The black mats in a light color interior just don't work for me but there are clear plastic overlays custom fit for each car that may be an alternative for you. Here's one store that offers them for the North America market - don't know if they ship to Ireland but there are likely companies in your country that offer similar products: http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=3390
Old 09-06-2008, 10:18 AM
ADD
Senior Members

I had the same problem in my old 528 with 9 years and 242,000 miles.

I would throw the beige mats in the washing machine and they would come pretty clean every time.

I also had black rubber mats in there for the winter and would leave them a good portion of the year here in NYS.

They looked pretty sharp. These pics are from a month ago before I sold the car.

Beige interior-black floor mats?-img_2403.jpg

Beige interior-black floor mats?-img_2404.jpg
Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by upport' post='663447' date='Sep 6 2008, 01:56 PM

============================

Dear "upport",

I have the Gray interior, and I had the very same problem keeping them clean, with this GA red clay, staining up my light color gray mats, and it forced me to go to something else, and I choose Black color mates, which took a little getting used too, but my girlfriend and I did, and the Black carpet mats color did take care of the clay and dirt problem that I once had.

I know this light colors are beautiful, but they can be a pain in the A?! to keep clean, and I hope this helps that I wrote you, and Good luck!!

Eddie Presley
Old 09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

I had just the same dilemma but I decided to go with the black mats rather than the beige for practicality. My car is not a showpiece and it gets used in all weathers, so I just put up with it - if you do need a bit of co-ordinated colour, just take the mats out for special occasions, or even have a set of each!!

I have a further problem that I have a (mainly) black dog, who will insist on leaving his hairs all over the floor and transmission tunnel carpet. Silly having beige interior really in my case, but the rest of the car took precedent over the interior colours. (He's not allowed on the seats though!)

Mike
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Contributors

IMO the blck mats will look better then the beige.. the black wheel the black dash and if you put the black mats it will all come together IMO.. i would go with it....
Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Members

Thanks for the opinions,I think I'll contact the Dealership from whom I purchased and see whats available.I really like the combination and maybe I'll end up getting a second set and use the washing machine as mentioned by 'ADD' and alternate between the two.Hopefully the Dealership will have the transparent mats as mentioned by 'luigi524td' and I can see them in the flesh.
Thanks again all.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='663512' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:51 PM
IMO the blck mats will look better then the beige.. the black wheel the black dash and if you put the black mats it will all come together IMO.. i would go with it....
Thanks,I'm going to consider black mats as an alternative too,the way you described the combination in your post is very interesting.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by upport' post='663525' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks,I'm going to consider black mats as an alternative too,the way you described the combination in your post is very interesting.
NO PROB.. GLADE TO HELP..
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi - Prem, Nav, Active Cruise, HUD, Comfort Access, Ventilated Seats, CWP, PDC, Logic7, HD Radio, Sat, Ipod, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Power Shades, Fold Down Rear Seats, Style 124 wheels

I had a similar dilemma. My car came with beige mats and they got dirty really quick. I ended up buying OEM black mats and think the look came out ok since the dash, top of the doors are black also. Here's a pic.
Beige interior-black floor mats?-dsc_0440.jpg

Quick Reply: Beige interior-black floor mats?