E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

been a while

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi folks,
its been a while since i put a post on. months in fact.
Still got my 530d 04 in sunny Scotland. So thought i would give you a long term update.
Well the cars now done 150,000 miles and its hard to believe but when the warranty ran out last july. Nothing has went wrong with the car apart from a pdc sensor. All the things that went wrong with it, went wrong under warranty.
Thought i would tell you a little story about the stealers. I dont go to them now cause my warranty is up and i will run it to about 250,000 miles and scrap it. But the last job i had done with them was a service, and something that i dont think is covered in the service book is an air element or air filter. Now i was told by the stealer that these had to be changed on every second oil change. Charged me ?150 just for the filter change! Anyway my mechanic was changing the fuel filter and the air element today and it looked like it had not been changed for years. Now i seen this thing and you could have built 30 birds nests with the leaves that were in there! This is not a 5 minute job, the microfilters and the housing along the front of the windshield have to come out and so do the tie bars in the engine compartment. It took my mechanic and me at least an hour to change the air element. Typical of the stealers though they charge you and dont change it.

On a happy note, my car with 150,000 miles on it does not use any oil between the 19,000 mile services. And i topped up the water today for the first time in 80,000 miles. So it aint using water or oil. And by the look of that air element i will probably get another 10mpg!

Take it easy folks
Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

welcome back