E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Which beauty farm for my beloved?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Next week I'll get delivery, at last, of my new beauty: a 535d Eccelsa (Italy only version) black sapphire with beige dakota interior; the new car replaces my current m.y. 2004 530d, silvergrey with beige dakota interior.

From my experience, the beige leather interior is difficult, but not impossible, to clean. What I found very difficult to keep well cleaned are all the beige plastic parts, like lower doors lining, doors sills, handles and so on. So, this is my question: which products do you suggest to clean and mantain the bloody beige interior, both the leather and the plastic parts?

And, moreover, which product is bullet-proof effective to protect the exterior paintwork and to make my dark lady shining?

I know that black paint is a pain to keep cleaned and scratches free, but after five silver cars in a row, I definitively needed a change.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Lucky,

Be interesting to hear your comparrisons between the two models when you get it!

In my last car I had the grey interior and used BMW's own leather cleaner/protector which I used on all the grey plastic parts as well. It works well and hopefully BMW sell it in Italy.

Your gonna love the new one - slip her into DS mode and hit 3,500rpm - for Boxter performance
Old 04-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Apr 17 2005, 10:20 PM
Next week I'll get delivery, at last, of my new beauty: a 535d Eccelsa (Italy only version) black sapphire with beige dakota interior; the new car replaces my current? m.y. 2004 530d, silvergrey with beige dakota interior.

From my experience, the beige leather interior is difficult, but not impossible, to clean. What I found very difficult to keep well cleaned are all the beige plastic parts, like lower doors lining, doors sills, handles and so on. So, this is my question: which products do you suggest to clean and mantain the bloody beige interior, both the leather and the plastic parts?

And, moreover, which product is bullet-proof effective to protect the exterior paintwork and to make my dark lady shining?

I know that black paint is a pain to keep cleaned and scratches free, but after five silver cars in a row, I definitively needed a change.

[snapback]116463[/snapback]
Lexol cleaner and conditioner for the leather!
http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayleat.html
http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayleat1.html

For all beige plastic parts like door sills etc:
http://www.autogeek.net/g9416.html

This can also be used when you have spots in your carpets, since it's an interior and carpet cleaner.

To keep the car swirl city free, avoid automatic car washes and ONLY handwash.

I did a write up in http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=9766

You can use the information there for an award winning finish.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Apr 17 2005, 03:20 PM
Next week I'll get delivery, at last, of my new beauty: a 535d Eccelsa (Italy only version) black sapphire with beige dakota interior; the new car replaces my current? m.y. 2004 530d, silvergrey with beige dakota interior.

[snapback]116463[/snapback]
I HIGHLY recommend the Lexol products for cleaning and conditioning the leather. The cleaner cleans without sucking the moisture out of the leather and the conditioner gives the leather a soft finish (not glossy or oily).
Old 04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Lexol is the way to go for the leather. My first Porsche had linen leather interior (nearly white) and it looked as good as new after 10 years of using Lexol.