E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Battery Discharge

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High guys yesterday I took my Glove Compartment off to check if the Dension Gateway 500 and AVR were connected properly as I dont get the DVD and the other options anymore (think it's a faulty AVR as the dension works fine but no extra menu, will get checked out by the audio shop whom i bought the AVR from).

Alright thats not the problem the problem is that after I checked everything and connected everything back up I turned my car on and got a message saying 'High Battery Discharge when Stationery, If recurrance get checked out by BMW Services'

Do anyone here know what it might be?

Do you think its the AVR as the Dension Switches off after a while?

I have full BMW Extended warranty do you think if i get BMW to check the problem they will blame the Dension?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

A few thoughts:

1) It could be that somehow the Dension wiring drew too much current and draining your battery.
2) It's possible that it could also be completely unrelated and just coincidental. A while back, I had an ESS tune uploaded to my car and the next day, I got a battery discharge warning that came on every single day in the morning. I thought it was the tune but after a month and a half of trouble shooting and fixing different things like a CAS module and another part, the dealer finally found the problem to be a faulty TCU (Telematics Control Unit).
3) Regarding your dealer and warranty, it'll depend if they're mod-friendly or not. Look at all the mods on my car yet my dealer and my third party warranty, Easy Care, didn't give me any issues throughout that whole process and fixed the problem under the warranty (knock on wood for the next problem).

Hope your issue turns out to be something relatively easy to fix. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Members

EuroCarFan thank you for your reply.

I went to my car before and switched the ignition on and the message didnt come up, hopefully tomorrow morning it doesnt come up

By the way sat in the car locked the doors and sat in there for over 20 minutes and heard nothing also the orange light on the gear shifter went off cant seem to understand what it could be.

I was just thinking that they cant blame the dension as its not connected directly to any modules apart from the CD changer but the AVR is connected via the canbus but they wouldnt know that unless they take the CCC out of the car.

Anyways thanks for your info, going to go tomnorrow to the audio shop to get the Dension AVR sorted out, after that going to book my car into the BMW Dealership.

Thanks

If i was to leave the Dension in bypass mode the BMW computer wouldnt pick it up would it?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Members

Spoke to Simon from Dension in High Wycombe, he said to take the car and have the guys who fit the AVR in have a look at the AVR and the wiring just to see if there is any loose wire's anywhere, if they cant solve the problem then to take it down to him to have a look at the unit.

ANyways booked the car into BMW Stealership on the 26th for the High Battery Drain issue so hopefully can sort everything out before my birthday
Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Members

Got it fixed...the dension avr needed a reset as it was causing the high power issue.