5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Batt high discharge on/off for past 2 months randomly. 1 Code stored. (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/batt-high-discharge-off-past-2-months-randomly-1-code-stored-135675/)

5soko 10-30-2013 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by DavidF (Post 1523055)
My advice FWIW: You (OP) are spending a considerable amount of time attempting to verify a failing battery is actually failing. The age of battery really has nothing to do with things. Any age battery can fail at anytime. Since the battery is so new, simple remove it, take it the place of purchase and them it is failing and needs to be replaced. They will probably load test the battery to verify and ultimately give you a new battery under full warranty. Done and done, no more worries.

Bmw changed the battery when i got it in january.. Will they test and check it out free of charge if i bring them the battery? Since im under 1 year with the battery im assuming i have warranty on it

Originally Posted by paul-g (Post 1523060)
https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...sensor-135632/

see my thread i started explains what went on

I saw your thread last night and i disconnected the cable/plug connected to the ibs unit on the negative terminal..

Started it up this morning and no faults!

But, isnt the ibs unit suppose to tell something is draining power? If it isnt connected how can the high battery discharge come on when the sensor that activates that error is disconnected?

paul-g 10-30-2013 10:03 AM

I saw your thread last night and i disconnected the cable/plug connected to the ibs unit on the negative terminal..

But, isnt the ibs unit suppose to tell something is draining power? If it isnt connected how can the high battery discharge come on when the sensor that activates that error is disconnected?[/QUOTE]

yes but the point is drive around a bit and if nothing you know what the problem was! now if it works fine with out it plugged in some say who care and no problems, but for the $200 i'll buy the new part off line and be done and have that extra security. bavmotorsports has everything for $250 already checked into it and it's OEM stuff

A B Able Truck 10-30-2013 04:38 PM

Found this interesting thread that explained my troubles (low voltage & memory loss);

Increased battery discharge/Clock resetting - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

5soko 10-30-2013 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by paul-g (Post 1523069)

But, isnt the ibs unit suppose to tell something is draining power? If it isnt connected how can the high battery discharge come on when the sensor that activates that error is disconnected?

yes but the point is drive around a bit and if nothing you know what the problem was! now if it works fine with out it plugged in some say who care and no problems, but for the $200 i'll buy the new part off line and be done and have that extra security. bavmotorsports has everything for $250 already checked into it and it's OEM stuff[/QUOTE]

Not sure how this disconnecting the IBS sensor can prove the IBS sensor Is bad, since the IBS sensor is the sensor that measures power and power being discharged while the car is off, if the sensor is disconnected, you can still have power being draining power from something, but there wont be a error tripped since the IBS sensor is disconnected. This my thinking correct?

I have it disconnected as of now still, will keep it off for another week, and see if I get the error. Then im gonna connect it again and see if the error comes back. If faulty, I will def buy a new one! Not the type to leave things in a non natural state on my car :)