E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

bad experience with the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:40 AM
bmx
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad experience with the dealer

Anybody know if reinitializing the system is required after removal of dashboard?
The problem is after dealer replaced AC Evaporator, my phone can not pair with the car. Some of interior ambient lightings on door panels, over head, and some buttons are no longer available. Dealer removed the dashboard, tested wires and found no communication to the TCU. The Bluetooth/lightings worked before the car was dropped off. Dealer claimed they didn't do anything wrong and if I want to order a new TCU.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '06 550i Sport Package
Default Call BMW North America

Originally Posted by bmx
Anybody know if reinitializing the system is required after removal of dashboard?
The problem is after dealer replaced AC Evaporator, my phone can not pair with the car. Some of interior ambient lightings on door panels, over head, and some buttons are no longer available. Dealer removed the dashboard, tested wires and found no communication to the TCU. The Bluetooth/lightings worked before the car was dropped off. Dealer claimed they didn't do anything wrong and if I want to order a new TCU.
Sorry to hear that. The dealer obviously messed up. Ask to speak with the service manager. Tell him politely to make it right and that if he does not, you will call BMW corporate. If they still refuse, then call BMW corp and tell them you will hire a lemon law lawyer. Don't take no for an answer. Good luck!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60

sorry for to hear about this, better to speak to their supervisor or manager to help you solve problem
Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 2010

I am sorry to hear that too. You should tell us what location you've visited so that members can avoid these assholes.
When they did a tailgate light wiring recall on my 550i's they didn't put plastic screws that hold the side panels. I called the service adviser and complained. They guy wanted me to bring the car back to fix. I told him I have no time for this. After a lots of check with higher ups he promised to ship me the replacement. I had to call back several times and remind him that I am not going to disappear. After I received the screws I figured out that it didn't fix the problem as plastic inserts were missing in metal body panels side panels are attached to. I didn't even bother calling them. They are useless hopeless pieces of shit... I will by all means avoid giving them any business...
Now that my cars are out of warranty I did the last oilchange. What I've found is the drain plugged was tight so strong that when I tried to loosen it up the oil filter housing came off. I had to go to home depot and get 24mm wrench and use pvc pipe to break it loose!!! They hire high schoolers to do the job or complete idiots that don't torque anything to spec and then they make us pay through the roof. Please avoid BMW of Portland OR (SW Jefferson st) by all means.