E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bad day for me :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Horrible thing happened to my E60 this past Saturday. I was driving home, around 2:30 at night, on a very quiet street all of a sudden I hear this loud bang and see that something just hit my hood, few seconds later I hear even louder bang that came from the passenger side.

Well, I pulled over to the apartment complex entrance that was on my right, got out of my car, looked at the passenger side and...well, some mf shot at me with paint ball gun, and also, before they took that shot they threw a freaking rock at the front of my car. I guess they were doing for the windshield but, I was not going fast enough so it hit the hood, driver side and left 3 deep scratches. After looking at the damage I decided to go and wash the paint off. It came right off, but left some sort of marks on the metal (like tiny scratches or something). NO physical damage at all, not even a dent. What kind of steel gage do they use? It's pretty amazing!
Old 02-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

Hey Serge007,

Sorry to hear about your car scratches. I guess you'll have to visit the body shop sometime soon.
That was some mean neighborhood you were touring, I mean, paintballs and rocks, that?s a first one. Especially in Austin which in my opinion is quite friendly and there's plenty of security everywhere. Too bad. Are you going to report the incident to the police?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Those kids have nothing else better to do..

They're just jealous of your car..
Old 03-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' date='Feb 28 2005, 07:27 PM
Hey Serge007,

Sorry to hear about your car scratches. I guess you'll have to visit the body shop sometime soon.
That was some mean neighborhood you were touring, I mean, paintballs and rocks, that?s a first one. Especially in Austin which in my opinion is quite friendly and there's plenty of security everywhere. Too bad. Are you going to report the incident to the police?
[snapback]95426[/snapback]
Actually the neighborhood is pretty quiet and nice, so they probably came from somewhere else. No, I did not reported to the police, however I will call the complex to see if they had any other incidents or complaints in regards to the paint ball guns. I've got a friend in San Antonio that has his own shop. There was no body damage, so I'm only looking at the paint job. He said that he'll charge me around $300 - $350. He is good too, I've seen his work and it was just amazing.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:49 AM
JDN
Contributors

Serge007, I had something similar happen to one of my Volvos in the seventies. It was during the daylight and a rock was the missile. I couldn't determine where it came from. I saw a lady watering her plants with a hose and asked her where a rock could have come from. She told me the last name of some kids that were notorious in the neighborhood for playing in the storm sewers. Sure enough, there was an opening right where the rock was laying. I did a little telephone directory sleuthing and found the right address. I approached the family and the father called the son in who admitted the prank. You might knock on a few doors and do everybody a favor. Parents are sometimes unaware or think they have corrected the problem, not realizing it still exists.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Super nanny

It's time for SUPER NANNY!
Old 03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:49 AM
Serge007, I had something similar happen to one of my Volvos in the seventies. It was during the daylight and a rock was the missile. I couldn't determine where it came from. I saw a lady watering her plants with a hose and asked her where a rock could have come from. She told me the last name of some kids that were notorious in the neighborhood for playing in the storm sewers. Sure enough, there was an opening right where the rock was laying. I did a little telephone directory sleuthing and found the right address. I approached the family and the father called the son in who admitted the prank. You might knock on a few doors and do everybody a favor. Parents are sometimes unaware or think they have corrected the problem, not realizing it still exists.
[snapback]95642[/snapback]
JDN,

That thought had crossed my mind, but the complex is pretty huge. I'm thinking about setting up an ambush this Saturday night to see if they come back.

Btw, did you ever meet with other E60 owners in Dallas? Maybe we can set up a state wide meeting.

Thanks!
Serge.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Super nanny' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:54 PM
It's time for SUPER NANNY! ?
[snapback]95716[/snapback]

...or ass kicking
Old 03-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Mar 1 2005, 10:49 AM
I approached the family and the father called the son in who admitted the prank. You might knock on a few doors and do everybody a favor. Parents are sometimes unaware or think they have corrected the problem, not realizing it still exists.
[snapback]95642[/snapback]
Perhaps the father is so jealous about your E60 that he encouraged the boy to play that prank on you
Old 03-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

wow no paint damage even to the hood where the rock hit?

Quick Reply: Bad day for me :(