E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Back to the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

...well it's back to the dealer. After the great Meet/Greet a few weeks ago, I had a rock hit my windshield and crack it. I went to Nick Alexander and they replaced the windshield for a great price. However at about 80 mph I get a wind noise that I don't think was there before. SA (Chad is really helpful) said that maybe glue issue and just bring it back in.

I also just got new tires on my rear 285/35/19 Falken 452s (Thanks r1racer!), They look much better and fit perfect to my 166 wheels. Pix coming after lunch.

Next mod is trunk spoiler and DIY's, then Aero hopefully before Bimmerfest. Don't know If I can afford to go back to SB considering what happened with my windshield last time. Might be jinxed on that highway.

Has anyone used Shoreline in Huntington BEach, Ca. for alignment? I have active steering.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
DBU
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlueMajik' post='547611' date='Mar 19 2008, 11:39 AM
...well it's back to the dealer. After the great Meet/Greet a few weeks ago, I had a rock hit my windshield and crack it. I went to Nick Alexander and they replaced the windshield for a great price. However at about 80 mph I get a wind noise that I don't think was there before. SA (Chad is really helpful) said that maybe glue issue and just bring it back in.

I also just got new tires on my rear 285/35/19 Falken 452s (Thanks r1racer!), They look much better and fit perfect to my 166 wheels. Pix coming after lunch.

Next mod is trunk spoiler and DIY's, then Aero hopefully before Bimmerfest. Don't know If I can afford to go back to SB considering what happened with my windshield last time. Might be jinxed on that highway.

Has anyone used Shoreline in Huntington BEach, Ca. for alignment? I have active steering.
There used to be an issue with brand new E60s where the windshield would whistle. As I recall it was traced back to a glue problem, hence your SAs comment. When I did ED on my car, I did experience the windshield whistle, but it only showed up at 130+ MPH and a headwind, so it hasn't been much of problem here in the US
I am not sure I would trust anyone but the dealer to align an active steering E60.
How much is a new windshield these days?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BlueMajik' post='547611' date='Mar 19 2008, 11:39 AM

Which dealer did you go to for your windshield? I get the whistling noise when driving at high speeds as well but my dealer will not fix the problem.