E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is AUX input standard on 2006 530xi

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, I just took delivery of my 2006 530xi this week. It's Alpine White with black dakota and dark poplar interior. It was delivered by open trailer truck from OH to UT. It had a ton of tarry grime on it and it wasn't fun washing the car in 40 degree weather. I did think about paying a car wash place to wash it for me but I didn't think they would put in the elbow grease required to get the grime out. Well, I've been going thru the manual over the past few days and was wondering if the AUX input is standard my model? I read in the manual that it's supposed to be located in the armrest in the rear but mine doesn't have one there?

Also, is there a way to turn off the iDrive safety warning everytime the car comes on?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='775114' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:19 PM
Hey guys, I just took delivery of my 2006 530xi this week. It's Alpine White with black dakota and dark poplar interior. It was delivered by open trailer truck from OH to UT. It had a ton of tarry grime on it and it wasn't fun washing the car in 40 degree weather. I did think about paying a car wash place to wash it for me but I didn't think they would put in the elbow grease required to get the grime out. Well, I've been going thru the manual over the past few days and was wondering if the AUX input is standard my model? I read in the manual that it's supposed to be located in the armrest in the rear but mine doesn't have one there?

Also, is there a way to turn off the iDrive safety warning everytime the car comes on?
I have the aux back there on my '07 but I'm sure a member will verify if that was introduced after your '06 model was manufactured.

As for the safety warning - it will go away by itself after about 10 seconds so there is no need to do the "accept" on iDrive. It was made mandatory (in the USA) by our "always watching out for you" legal eagles!

Get some pics up now that you've chipped away at the grime!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

no its not standard

and no you cant turn that off

welcome to the forums and nice new car
Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply guys! Since I bought the car out of state, I asked the sales guy alot of questions and he specifically told me that this car had the AUX port. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they can do.

I'll get pix posted up as soon as it is dry here. Wed was our only dry day (the day I washed) and the next 5 days call for rain! Knowing that it would rain, I still had to get the muck off anyway.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Did you check the Glove Box where the flashlight is? That port maybe the IPOD. Maybe you mean the 12 aux Port. I never looked in the back for one. I have a 2006 530 xi as well. Shes a real Charmer. DTD
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Members

I have an 06 525i and it did not come with aux port. However, you can have your dealer install one in the glove box for about $200. Another option is to have them install the Ipod interface for about $500. This will let you control the ipod from the iDrive screen. Try doing some searches for "AUX input" and "IPod interface" there is lots of info about both. Both are BMW OEM options.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Members

Welcome to the fourm.

I just found a link about the MOST interface from this company...http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/...mw-ipodint.htm

It has directions to install in about 20 minutes. Dealer will want over $300 for install. Do you know if your car can play mp3's in the singe cd player? If so, you are all set. If not, on the same page as above, there is a SIB you can take down to the dealer and they will do this free of charge....I know, something from BMW that is truly free.

Good luck

Rich
Old 01-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by richietherocket' post='777285' date='Jan 25 2009, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the fourm.

I just found a link about the MOST interface from this company...http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/...mw-ipodint.htm

It has directions to install in about 20 minutes. Dealer will want over $300 for install. Do you know if your car can play mp3's in the singe cd player? If so, you are all set. If not, on the same page as above, there is a SIB you can take down to the dealer and they will do this free of charge....I know, something from BMW that is truly free.

Good luck

Rich
I'm skeptical - when I discussed this with my dealer before, I was told that the reason it is so expensive is bc they spend about two work-hours installing the thing (including the re-flash of software for MP3 capability). As for having it re-programmed for free, I too tought that they were trying to see if I was a sucker and would pay 145 bucks for the re-flash. I didn't
Old 01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 MINI Cooper S - lightly modified - 2006 BMW 525i
Model Year: 0000

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='775114' date='Jan 22 2009, 08:19 PM
Hey guys, I just took delivery of my 2006 530xi this week. ...... Well, I've been going thru the manual over the past few days and was wondering if the AUX input is standard my model? I read in the manual that it's supposed to be located in the armrest in the rear but mine doesn't have one there?

I have a 2008 525i. The AUX input is optional. I had mine retrofitted and they mounted the jack under the flashlight socket in the glovebox. The reason it costs so much isn't so much that the part is expensive (around $50), but rather, they pretty well dismantle your dash and audio system to get it in and working seamlessly with the other stuff on the audio system. I'm pretty sure mounting it in the console would have cost even more as it means dismantling one more part of the interior.

If you have the dealer install it, make sure you are there to test out that everything works before you sign off on the install. My car went back more than once because they installed it, but it wasn't working. Then they shorted out one of the amps when trying to fix it the first time and replaced that under warranty. Then on that service, they disconnected the subwoofers and forgot to reconnect them. When I brought the car back (again) to have that fixed, they thought the subwoofers were blown and ordered in new amps and speakers only to find after installing all those, it still wasn't working. After checking around, they found where they had failed the reconnect the subwoofer circuit. It was annoying, but I'm glad they figured it out.

I too would like to know how to turn off the iDrive safety warning.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi Touring 2009 328i Touring

i have a 2006 530xit. no aux input.

i thought for sure it had one too. that was actually one of the determinations for buying this car. i even went to the electronics store to get a male-male headphone cable to plug into it. i opened the console, and what i thought was the jack was just a vent hole. d'oh!

correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't you have an aux option in the iDrive when you go to entertainment?

Quick Reply: Is AUX input standard on 2006 530xi